AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

Hey Abb, Great Job... WOW is all I have to say.

One question though, about the AV hide / show.. I like it when it is shown, so I go into the menu, I click show AV. It shows, but if I shut off the car, or do anything in any other menu it hide's itself again, but in the menu its still set to show. So I need to click the button to hide then to show for it to show again. Make sence? Ideas? Did I maybe just miss somthing, or is there a way to set a default?

Other than that, looks great, took it out for a test run tonight already... so far so good.

Thanks again

This mod is designed to have the AV only shown upon call. The reason for this is that without a bar at the bottom, the AV stands out like a sore thumb. If it is needed, it can always be called upon in a second. I only hit the AV button about once a week (and that is if I am listening to Sirius and want to know the song), as I generally know what is playing or what AV source I have selected

I like to have the AV show by default, maybe be able to hide it with a click or just always have it show. Can you help point me in the location of the code that I would need to change?

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where can we get the other maps and where do u put them? :D

I dont understand? What other maps? The only other maps are the Navteq maps and they are available in a thread in the Hacks/Mods section. Just install them according to the instructions in IDT's thread found in the first post.

Map links are dead. Any where else to get them? Navteq that is? All i would really need is ontario and florida.

Well, I have managed to do the 'incredibly difficult' and that is running explorer through the AVIC and NOT THROUGH TESTMODE! This means that you can make changes while inserting a blank SD card with a file on it (NO TESTMODE), such as installing schemes, maps, speedcams, etc., and installing it on your Avic through explorer instead of going through testmode. You can restart the Avic afterwards by a button instead of shutting the car off and turning it back on again. However, I am going to do a lot of testing with this to make sure that it is perfect.

post-32106-1287276290813_thumb.jpg

Well, I did the explorer thing since many months now ... with the navi message nag killer. I can even bring up the Total Commander and edit text files like Sys.txt within the normal interface (NOT TESTMODE), and edit registry if I have to. It is of course without saying that I can restart AVIC by clicking on the Restart.exe shortcut :wink: .

Map links are dead. Any where else to get them? Navteq that is? All i would really need is ontario and florida.

I can post them and send you the link, but they are HUGE, you need 100mb of free space before proceeding. Make sure that you have the space, otherwise you will have to make space by deleting unuse TA maps like Alaska, Mexico, etc as well as theeir POI's. Once you have that done and you want them let me know and I will post it

Well, I did the explorer thing since many months now ... with the navi message nag killer. I can even bring up the Total Commander and edit text files like Sys.txt within the normal interface (NOT TESTMODE), and edit registry if I have to. It is of course without saying that I can restart AVIC by clicking on the Restart.exe shortcut :wink: .

Chuck, You been holding out on everybody!!!!!

Chuck, You been holding out on everybody!!!!!

Sorry Abb, I don't mean that, obviously, but just to provide info.

And I should say, this explorer is a nice accomplishment based on Diaftia's mod.

But you know that there is lot of people who aren't interested in putting in another hack for the nav nag msg killer (let me stretch that out, the nag msg killer does have its own side-effects and it is NO LONGER maintained by the author), so it would be indeed interesting to have it directly with the nav mod.

One problem is that you can not replace your Data.zip when in explorer as obviously the Data.zip is in use:(, so you will still need to use testmode to change the Data.zip

Absolutely right!

But it would be still useful to let one modifies the Sys.txt, puts in splash screen bmp, adds new schemes etc.

I can post them and send you the link, but they are HUGE, you need 100mb of free space before proceeding. Make sure that you have the space, otherwise you will have to make space by deleting unuse TA maps like Alaska, Mexico, etc as well as theeir POI's. Once you have that done and you want them let me know and I will post it

I have removed all the maps i dont use and have room. Thanks

I have removed all the maps i dont use and have room. Thanks

I pm'd you the link

Sorry guys, a glitch was pointed out to me in the splitmap where the speedsign is overlapping the clock as you can see. I have a new file posted with the fix, this file also has the explorer link (remember to restart the avic using the restart button in the extras menu when you are done using explorer)

EDIT***** I have just tested out the new file and the speed sign now resides above the clock making it look right. If anyone has this problem, redownload the file as it is now fixed

post-32106-12872762910078_thumb.jpg

Update to say it is working flawlessly except the speed limit thing you already fixed.

I did have one strange occurrence, but not certain. took my wife's car to work this morning, and on the way home, the Illum color was doing its cycle thing?? Can't see how that could be from the update though, so I still say it is working flawlessly. pretty much perfect.

Update to say it is working flawlessly.

I did have one strange occurrence, but not certain. took my wife's car to work this morning, and on the way home, the Illum color way doing its cycle thing?? Can't see how that could be from the update though, so I still say it is working flawlessly. pretty much perfect.

That has nothing to do with the Data.zip. Some people experience this, I never have. See if you can fix it in the settings