Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all forgive my English.

With this mod you've done a good job. 'Beer Money' sent.

One question: I see the speed cameras on the map but I can only warn visually and beeps.

Spoken alert does not work for me.

I changed the ogg files in English (kph) for ogg files with Spanish translation (kph) not changed anything else.

Kia Magentis V6

F900Bt EU

That should be able to be configured in the settings under 'Warnings', I am not sure though as we dont have speedcameras here and there is no way for me to test this out. The default setting is for audible to be 'off', but you can enable it there.

Thanks for the Beers :)!

Hey Abb,

Looking at the simulation pic of the first page, I would suggest arranging the simulation buttons as follow:

Slower - Pause/Start - Faster.

I think that this will be more intuitive and in a more conventional way.

Cheers!

Hey Abb..Havent installed yet, but this one looks awesome.

I noticed on a your screenshots you have some highway signs poppin up. Looks like your up my way in Canada, and i dont get any highway signs. I did get them when driving US bound...

Just curious as to what maps you are using? Im using the TA Maps, and wondering if thats my problem.

Let me know what you suggest.

Thanks

Hey Abb..Havent installed yet, but this one looks awesome.

I noticed on a your screenshots you have some highway signs poppin up. Looks like your up my way in Canada, and i dont get any highway signs. I did get them when driving US bound...

Just curious as to what maps you are using? Im using the TA Maps, and wondering if thats my problem.

Let me know what you suggest.

Thanks

In short for Canada, TA maps have speed limits and NavTeq maps have highway signposts, unfortunately not both. :roll:

Hope that this will be history in their next maps updates.

Your new version of mod is not bad, but you've integrated my old version of MB-3DCars which is version 1.1 and not the latest version 1.1a! This latest version includes adjustments that avoid the risk of blocking its AVIC because of the possibility of file corruption (I had already mentioned in the topic dedicated).

I saw that you had copied the settings file sys.txt to my mod MB-IDT3.0-4c, but you do not set the parameter GPS allows a better reactivity of position on map? it's a shame because it works well.

By cons you've made others which are entirely specific to options that I created for my mod?!

I saw that you had copied the settings file sys.txt to my mod MB-IDT3.0-4c, but you do not set the parameter GPS allows a better reactivity of position on map? it's a shame because it works well.

By cons you've made others which are entirely specific to options that I created for my mod?!

Hi Misterblue,

It is interesting what you are saying. Can you be more specific as on what parameters in Sys.txt should be tweaked in order to make the GPS faster or more precise?

Thanks.

You said the right word, thank you, with this setting the GPS is more precise :wink: .

In any case I found as well as other users of my mod.

I do not know why ABB1 not keep this setting interesting of my sys.txt ? it has changed a bit and made with this new version of mod. If there is good reason, he should be able to let us know for not having kept this setting.

in [gps] section of sys.txt :

del

baud=9600

add

maximise_baud=1

It is important to remove in this sys.txt, the parameters that are made to my option to display adjustment and early speedcam alerts (windows and voice/beep). In my mod the option that I created for deciding to start max distance speedcam alerts between 1200m and 600m (Warn Distance) in my "Audible Warning" speedcam settings.

This version of mini cooper (52) available here is corrupted, in my version MB-3DCars1.1a, there is no problem.

I do not know why ABB1, requires you to download his mod and install my old version of the add-on (1.1)?!

The latest version is here, delete the folder 3DCars installing this Mod ABB and replace everything by the last folder you just downloaded (no replace the sys.txt).

The 52 now and work for this version of add-on is more stable.

Everything worked fine until I changed the model 06RD (second on the list) to the model 52 and now the system reboots continuously when you press the map (the map fails to start and the system reboots another time). Sorry for my english.

Still buggy the 3DCar addon. I am sure that Misterblue could fix it :D .

You said the right word, thank you, with this setting the GPS is more precise :wink: .

In any case I found as well as other users of my mod.

I do not know why ABB1 not keep this setting interesting of my sys.txt ? it has changed a bit and made with this new version of mod. If there is good reason, he should be able to let us know for not having kept this setting.

in [gps] section of sys.txt :

del

baud=9600

add

maximise_baud= 1

It is important to remove in this sys.txt, the parameters that are made to my option to display adjustment and early speedcam alerts (windows and voice/beep). In my mod the option that I created for deciding to start max distance speedcam alerts between 1200m and 600m (Warn Distance) in my "Audible Warning" speedcam settings.

Thank you!

Yeah I saw this setting before and it allow the system to set the communication speed with the GPS device. Just to make sure, should I use "maximise_baud=1" or "maximize_baud=1" :?:

Yes this parameter redefined the baud rate.

maximise_baud=1

remember to remove the setting that I mentioned above.

Still buggy the 3DCar addon. I am sure that Misterblue could fix it :D .

I have no problem with my latest version MB-3DCars1.1a, the version ABB placed in its installation folder is not my official version is probably why you have problems :wink:

for information MB-3DCars1.2 will be available soon and will include new vehicle models... please wait :wink::mrgreen: