AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

This is really the best mod I've ever seen. Installed it and working properly since then. The only question I have is how to bring up the European speed limit signs (I am from Austria) in the map view (maybe I overread it ?). Can you help ? Thx in advance and best greetings from Vienna JeanLuc27

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I concur with your findings...VR is meant to be accessable from Nav screen, but with this mod...it has disappeared from all but the AV Source screen. This is one of the main functions I use all the time. With just one button push, you then speak what contact to call or dictate a phone # to dial. No more taking your eyes off the road to search thru contacts or navigate thru layers of menu screens to get to th AV screen. It's a key feature to hands free phone. I love the mod and appreciate all the hard work Abb has done, but for me the VR thing is a deal breaker and I'll go back to Diaftia's mod. But please don't misunderstand... it's my choice, Abb's work is just that...Abb's work; and a far cry better than anything I have the skill set to do! :D

I have not intentially disabled the VR in any of my mods in navigation, I dont know why it is not working. I dont use it as it does not work for me. I say 'Phone Jim' and it replies back 'Phoning Harold' and makes the call :(. The rediculous VR was even joked about on 'youtube'. I dont know why it works with Diaftias mod and not this one as this one was created from it and I did not remove any scripting that was not replaced

This is really the best mod I've ever seen. Installed it and working properly since then. The only question I have is how to bring up the European speed limit signs (I am from Austria) in the map view (maybe I overread it ?). Can you help ? Thx in advance and best greetings from Vienna JeanLuc27

I will have to look at my files when I get home and let you know. It is not hard

.... The only question I have is how to bring up the European speed limit signs (I am from Austria) in the map view (maybe I overread it ?). Can you help ? ....JeanLuc27

There are some mod that take the continent to undertake several specific display panels and functions. This mod, made by Daftia does not.

Abb1, I have not had a reply to this message. Even if users do not perhaps understand the problem that this can cause, I know how these settings, I doubt that the US AVIC operate differently than the others, iGo is always iGo :wink: . It can be very annoying to be warned of Speedcams (windows and voice) too long in advance.

Soon-perhaps, it is possible that this mod Daftia, I already tested, works in a very special way :roll:

I have not touched the speedcam part of the mod because I have no way of testing it since we do not have speedcameras here in this part of the country, as speedcameras are illogical. Think about this, your buddy borrows your car, speeds through a speed trap and YOU GET FINED???????? That is like someone taking my baseball bat, hitting someone with it, and then me getting charged with assault????????? I really cant see how speedcameras can even be legal!

I have given my files to three testers in two continents and they have found no problems with the speedcameras there.

It is strange that your testers have not had any problems with the Speedcams?! But with my settings sys.txt used with your mod, they would have realized that the speedcam warning appeared over 1300m (0,81 miles) before the checkpoint because there is no option to use these settings in your mod.

I'm really surprised that nobody has noticed a problem?!

Hey Abb, How did you add the 3D view to the split screen, I love your 2.75 version and just wants to add that feature if possible. I have attemptted this from looking through your V3 datazip file, still can't figure it out. Some help here would greatly be appreciated. And by the way you really making this unit look better & better with every version...VERY GOOD JOB.....Thx :D

Hey Abb, How did you add the 3D view to the split screen, I love your 2.75 version and just wants to add that feature if possible. I have attemptted this from looking through your V3 datazip file, still can't figure it out. Some help here would greatly be appreciated. And by the way you really making this unit look better & better with every version...VERY GOOD JOB.....Thx :D

The coding is different in my 2.75 mod. I will have to take a look to see if it can be accomplished the same way, and there again, it will all depend on the coding

we dont have speed cams in canada.

That is because we dont speed :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, we do have speedcam in Canada ... perhap you don't consider Quebec as part of Canada :lol::lol::lol: .

Abb you said you don't speed? Look at some of your photos shots in this forum (not simulation) ... :shock::shock:

I am interested too!

It is strange that your testers have not had any problems with the Speedcams?! But with my settings sys.txt used with your mod, they would have realized that the speedcam warning appeared over 1300m (0,81 miles) before the checkpoint because there is no option to use these settings in your mod.

I'm really surprised that nobody has noticed a problem?!

I have observed this distance problem with speedcam, but since Abb doesn't seem to be working with this mod anymore, I didn't report it.

Maybe MB you can explain a little the format of the distance in this directive and recommend what to do if I want to fix it like before. Can I just delete this directive and use the default provided by iGo?

[warning]
warn_distances="130:1400,125:1400,120:1400,120:1400,115:1400,113:1400,100:1400,97:1400,95:1400,90:1400,89:1400,85:1400,80:1400,75:1400,72:1400,70:1400,65:1400,64:1400,60:1400,56:1400,55:1400,50:1400,48:1400,45:1400,40:1400,35:1400,32:1400,30:1400,25:1400,24:1400,20:1400,15:1400,0:1400"

Maybe MB you can explain a little the format of the distance in this directive and recommend what to do if I want to fix it like before. Can I just delete this directive and use the default provided by iGo?

[warning]
warn_distances="130:1400,125:1400,120:1400,120:1400,115:1400,113:1400,100:1400,97:1400,95:1400,90:1400,89:1400,85:1400,80:1400,75:1400,72:1400,70:1400,65:1400,64:1400,60:1400,56:1400,55:1400,50:1400,48:1400,45:1400,40:1400,35:1400,32:1400,30:1400,25:1400,24:1400,20:1400,15:1400,0:1400"

speed(Km/h):distance(meters)

So in the line above, if you are traveling at 130 Km/h, you will be warned 1400meters (1.4 kilometers) in advance. Since distance field isn't changing, it will always warn at a same distance. Defult iGO behavior is to warn farther away if you are driving faster, and nearer if you are driving slower.

I have observed this distance problem with speedcam, but since Abb doesn't seem to be working with this mod anymore, I didn't report it.

for the record, I am still working on this mod, but I have to be home to do it as that is where my files are. And Chuck, you did not observe this, as you were one of my testers and did NOT report it when testing it, as I would have had this fixed if it had been an issue. I will have an update coming Tup once I have everything that I want to include in the update. It is a pain uploading an update and then realizing that you should have added something else.

Hey, I need peoples thoughts on the speedometer that I will put up in the update when it is complete. Do you like the old or the new? I changed the font and added the units (mph / kmh) behund the speed. Give me your thoughts!

post-32106-12872762916209_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762917444_thumb.jpg