AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

LOL, great iPhone versus Droid. :D Anyways I didn't have trouble until now. Twice I tried it and both times it rebooted, but we went on Vacation with your 2.75 and it worked fine for both of us??? Is there a way to clear the cache?

Try to delete the BTSettings.dat file under \My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\SETUP, and possibly other *.DAT files as well if it doesn't do the trick. You would have to relink your phone afterward.

Remember always to make a copy before any modifications to the AVIC.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Misterblue has fine-tuned his mod and has improved the smartzoom from IDT, so I hope that this will get it simpler and that he can offer to help when requested.

There is a language barrier with him. When he talks, it makes absolutely no sense! I am sure that he means well, but a lot of people (me especially) just dont understand him at all.

Hey Chuck88, maybe I'm in the minority but I have always used smart zoom and always will as long as its available; so go ahead and count me as a smart zoom user.http://avic411.com/forum/posting.php?mo ... 4&t=33698#

Yeah I always say that losing the sky, for only a moment, for a clearer turn visual is no big deal, this is what a navigation system is for after all, NAVIGATE and NOT see the sky :mrgreen: .

You would see the whole sky when you are 800m away from the next turn, and get lesser when you are closer, so I really don't understand why people don't like it :?:

Misterblue has fine-tuned his mod and has improved the smartzoom from IDT, so I hope that this will get it simpler and that he can offer to help when requested.

There is a language barrier with him. When he talks, it makes absolutely no sense! I am sure that he means well, but a lot of people (me especially) just dont understand him at all.

:mrgreen: you already know German, so French is not a big deal for you?

Obviously just joking :lol:

LOL, great iPhone versus Droid. :D Anyways I didn't have trouble until now. Twice I tried it and both times it rebooted, but we went on Vacation with your 2.75 and it worked fine for both of us??? Is there a way to clear the cache?

When you are switching the mods, are you switching the SYS.txt files? they are both different!

I will try your deletion method on the file, but would sys.txt have any affect on the BT? I do use the one you supply, but add some files to allow the road names to be in a box and to change the zoom settings.

When you are switching the mods, are you switching the SYS.txt files? they are both different!

I will try your deletion method on the file, but would sys.txt have any affect on the BT? I do use the one you supply, but add some files to allow the road names to be in a box and to change the zoom settings.

The SYS.txt may have a effect on the cache as it has the cache extended to 2048 mb for my 3.0 mod

Chuck what maps are u using as they have the hyw signs in canada and the colours look nice?

This has been discussed in several locations, the only way to see hwy signs is to use Navteq maps! You will not see them with TA maps!

So that is it? Nobody else want to vote for smartzoom? Looks like that Abb's mods has been downloaded far more than 6 or 7 times ...

Please do so, whether you like it or not. Your opinion counts to make this forum better :D .

The link is here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33698&p=227277#p227277

Chuck, where are you supposed to vote???? There is no poll set up?????

So that is it? Nobody else want to vote for smartzoom? Looks like that Abb's mods has been downloaded far more than 6 or 7 times ...

Please do so, whether you like it or not. Your opinion counts to make this forum better :D .

The link is here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33698&p=227277#p227277

Chuck, where are you supposed to vote???? There is no poll set up?????

Sorry but I don't have to setup a poll ... I thought that people only reply to the thread and say what they want.

Any hint on setting up one?

Chuck what maps are u using as they have the hyw signs in canada and the colours look nice?

This has been discussed in several locations, the only way to see hwy signs is to use Navteq maps! You will not see them with TA maps!

Abb is referring to Canada only. On the US soil, highway signposts are available, apparently, everywhere with both maps.

NavTeq. As for the color, position, transparency and font size of the signposts, you would have to tweak it a bit from Abb's mod V2.75. The original signposts from IDT are opaque and with bigger font size.

If you want, let me know when you success installing NavTeq map. Of course, snapshots are not from V3.0.

If Smartzoom worked as it was intended,I would use it.If Abb decides he can do something with it,then great!If not I won't lose any sleep because IMO it is still the best mod available.

Agreed. Best mod for the time being.

With correct operation of smartzoom, it would be even better :lol: