AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

It's all installed now. To me the best view in sunlight is the pioner blue day. I like the sunset one for night. Thanks for the help. It was only that damn gfx folder that I was stumped on I didn't know how I could delete somthing that was not there as soon and you said it's ok if there was none than I was good to go. Treid the image res but I didn't like it so I went back to the pioneer one. Thanks for the explaining guys. I can't see how this avic could get any nicer. Now if we Gould only get rid of all the nags and warning screens we would be set. Lol. Awsome mod

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love this mod. Even my kids love it - they keep asking me to change the car (the jet seems to be their favorite). I have two issues/questions, which other people have brought up, but I didn't see an answer. First, I know you designed the AV to auto-hide and someone asked if you could tell us how to change that (actually change the mod, not just a setting in the menu). I didn't see a response so I was wondering if that is something that an amateur could change, and if so, how? Second, I also like the voice recognition, so not being able to use it in the map screen is driving me nuts. If the AV didn't auto hide it wouldn't be as bad, since that gives you one touch access to the screen where you can use the VR. As it stands, you have to go through the menu, which takes three buttons, or turn on the AV, which also takes three buttons and then turns off once you go back to the map. At any rate, I had a theory about why the VR might not work in the map screen, though I lack the technical expertise to check. One of the cool new features you have is auto dialing by holding down the phone icon. I wondered if this could be causing interference since it is an auto dial feature, which is essentially what the VR is. I apologize if this a dumb question, but I know nothing about how these mods actually work. All I know is that yours kicks ass and fixing these two issues (or even just one of them) would make it damn near perfect. Again, the mod is awesome and thanks for sharing it.

I love this mod. Even my kids love it - they keep asking me to change the car (the jet seems to be their favorite). I have two issues/questions, which other people have brought up, but I didn't see an answer. First, I know you designed the AV to auto-hide and someone asked if you could tell us how to change that (actually change the mod, not just a setting in the menu). I didn't see a response so I was wondering if that is something that an amateur could change, and if so, how? Second, I also like the voice recognition, so not being able to use it in the map screen is driving me nuts. If the AV didn't auto hide it wouldn't be as bad, since that gives you one touch access to the screen where you can use the VR. As it stands, you have to go through the menu, which takes three buttons, or turn on the AV, which also takes three buttons and then turns off once you go back to the map. At any rate, I had a theory about why the VR might not work in the map screen, though I lack the technical expertise to check. One of the cool new features you have is auto dialing by holding down the phone icon. I wondered if this could be causing interference since it is an auto dial feature, which is essentially what the VR is. I apologize if this a dumb question, but I know nothing about how these mods actually work. All I know is that yours kicks ass and fixing these two issues (or even just one of them) would make it damn near perfect. Again, the mod is awesome and thanks for sharing it.

I will make an AV version with my next update which has the AV bar enabled by default and has a hide button if you want to hide it. The VR, I have no control over. This is not something that is relevant to the NAV portion of this mod. The only thing that I can think of as to why it does not work is that this mod is very memory intensive and the remaining memory may not be sufficient to run VR

list of changes so far for V3.1

Not many but this is it so far-

1) AV version will be added

2) New graphics for the speedometer screen with speed units

3) New background for Destination Dial

4) fixed an issue that I came across when routing using TA maps. The 'next street' name would overhang partially covering the phone icon. This is now fixed!

I am still looking for some more ideas before posting this

Here are the new graphical changes in the Speedometer and the Destination Dial:

post-32106-12872763079254_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763080322_thumb.jpg

Looks good Abb.Will you be able to sort out a minor problem with the UK version,where pressing the speed limit sign in the main nav mode doesn't bring up the add cam option please?Just a thought Abb,but what would be the chances of making this a"add push pin"option instead of "add speed cam"?I am sure the original pioneer V2 had this facility when you pushed the centre of the volume knob.Like I say,just a thought...... :D

Looks good Abb.Will you be able to sort out a minor problem with the UK version,where pressing the speed limit sign in the main nav mode doesn't bring up the add cam option please?Just a thought Abb,but what would be the chances of making this a"add push pin"option instead of "add speed cam"?I am sure the original pioneer V2 had this facility when you pushed the centre of the volume knob.Like I say,just a thought...... :D

I can see about doing this to the UK version. What is the point of pushpins though?

I can see about doing this to the UK version. What is the point of pushpins though?

It is so you can mark a point as you travel with just a couple of clicks.It could be for example a campsite you have just passed or a good looking fishing point and would like to find it later by browsing the map.You can then edit the pushpin and make it a poi or favourite.

It is so you can mark a point as you travel with just a couple of clicks.It could be for example a campsite you have just passed or a good looking fishing point and would like to find it later by browsing the map.You can then edit the pushpin and make it a poi or favourite.

There you go Col, I added the 'add speedcam' for the speed limit sign to the 'UK Data'. It also has the latest updates. Just use the download on the first page again.Enjoy!

Great job Abb,

Can you make it like this:

short pressing the speed limit sign bring up the TMC traffic information screen and a long pressing on the speed limit sign bring up the push pin or ad speed camera screen.

I dont know what TMC is? We have MSN over here. Can you access the TMC using the MSN button in the 'extras' menu? If so, then I should switch the name from MSN to TMC for the UK version.

I dont know what TMC is? We have MSN over here. Can you access the TMC using the MSN button in the 'extras' menu? If so, then I should switch the name from MSN to TMC for the UK version.

TMC = traffic message channel.

I don't know if MSN accessable for UK versions, but here in the Netherlands we don't have it en we cannot access the traffic information via MSN ( it is working here).

Edit:

I checked my Avic and saw that I can access the traffic information ussing the extra / MSN menu.

There you go Col, I added the 'add speedcam' for the speed limit sign to the 'UK Data'. It also has the latest updates. Just use the download on the first page again.Enjoy!

Thanks very much for that Abb.All installed OK.Did you say this includes the option for the permanent AV show/Hide,or am I jumping the gun??Thanks again.

Hi there,

I don't mean hijacking thread and Abb knows that I have a lot of respects for all his mods. However I am still not updating to V3.0 from his V2.75 mod for one single reason: Smartzoom not working at ALL in this latest release that is modified from Diaftia's mod.

After numerous talks with Abb, he is convinced that I am the ONLY one who like smartzoom; but I doubt his claim and he had invited me to poll forum users to see what you guys think (and unfortunately, I doubt that many of you guys don't even know what smartzoom is for, sorry if I am wrong though :mrgreen: ).

So please do so, vote to see whether you like or not after observing the following images (OBSERVE HOW THE MAP INCLINES VS DISTANCE), so that Abb and me would have a clear idea on whether the smartzoom is on it way to the next update or not.

Thank you very much!

:D

post-42373-12872763081615_thumb.jpg

post-42373-12872763082751_thumb.jpg

post-42373-12872763083585_thumb.jpg

post-42373-12872763084454_thumb.jpg

post-42373-128727630854_thumb.jpg