Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I hate smartzoom but if it is included I can always turn it off
Smartzoom is by default always on. I think that the majority turn it off. I tried smart zoom in both of my mods and I am not to fond of it either. I will look at the parameters for putting the smart zoom functionality of the 2.75 in my 3.0, but I can't make any promises as there is a lot involved. Smartzoom does not work properly in any of these mods as what it is supposed to do is zoom in when slowing down or going around a corner and zoom out the faster you go. To get this working properly in any mod is beyond my knowledge as for it to work properly, it must work in conjunction with the current speed, and it does not!
Anone having trouble with Bluetooth and this mod? My phone connects fine, but when I get a call it conects for a couple seconds then reboots the entire system. I have a moto droid and never had trouble before this mod and this is the only thing I have done to the system.

I have NEVER had a problem using Bluetooth, but then again I have an iPhone :). I make calls frequently as I am on the road a lot and have never had the system reboot. The system will reboot when the onboard cache gets full, why this is happening with your phone, I don't know? Did you install my SYS.txt file or did you use one that you had prior?

Damn I like it..(smart zoom) BUT how the hell did you get the road signs to work? I am in Quebec also(Terrebonne ) and I NEVER saw a road sign work on my almost 2 years of having a AVIC...

Use the Navteq maps.

Navteq = roadsigns,

TeleAtlas = speed sign

Well, I got the settings equivelent to my 2.75 mod. The only difference is that the tilt angle is locked which was put in so that you can see the sky. It now zooms in when going near a corner but to me, it still doesn't do what smartzoom is supposed to do and neither does the 2.75 version.

post-32106-12872763091701_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763092417_thumb.jpg

Anone having trouble with Bluetooth and this mod? My phone connects fine, but when I get a call it conects for a couple seconds then reboots the entire system. I have a moto droid and never had trouble before this mod and this is the only thing I have done to the system.

I have NEVER had a problem using Bluetooth, but then again I have an iPhone :). I make calls frequently as I am on the road a lot and have never had the system reboot. The system will reboot when the onboard cache gets full, why this is happening with your phone, I don't know? Did you install my SYS.txt file or did you use one that you had prior?

LOL, great iPhone versus Droid. :D Anyways I didn't have trouble until now. Twice I tried it and both times it rebooted, but we went on Vacation with your 2.75 and it worked fine for both of us??? Is there a way to clear the cache?

To get this working properly in any mod is beyond my knowledge as for it to work properly, it must work in conjunction with the current speed, and it does not!

Abb, the smartzoom works uniquely with the distance to turn, and has nothing to do with the current speed. You have this feeling of speed when the map inclines faster when you run faster, but at the end, the distance plays the role, and NOT the speed.

Beside that, you can somehow set the distance (zoom-in and zoom-out limits, both distances and angles, or something) that you want the smartzoom to operate, so you have some degree of control over the speed of the zoom/incline, i.e. more distance to operate with less angle variation will smoother the map incline speed (Misterblue knows exactly what I am talking about).

So this should be much simpler now ... Misterblue has fine-tuned his mod and has improved the smartzoom from IDT, so I hope that this will get it simpler and that he can offer to help when requested.

LOL, great iPhone versus Droid. :D Anyways I didn't have trouble until now. Twice I tried it and both times it rebooted, but we went on Vacation with your 2.75 and it worked fine for both of us??? Is there a way to clear the cache?

When you are switching the mods, are you switching the SYS.txt files? they are both different!

Damn I like it..(smart zoom) BUT how the hell did you get the road signs to work? I am in Quebec also(Terrebonne ) and I NEVER saw a road sign work on my almost 2 years of having a AVIC...

Well my friend, all you have to do is switch to Navteq maps (no speed limits though). TA maps have speed limits on our roads but not highway signposts.

Well, I got the settings equivelent to my 2.75 mod. The only difference is that the tilt angle is locked which was put in so that you can see the sky. It now zooms in when going near a corner but to me, it still doesn't do what smartzoom is supposed to do and neither does the 2.75 version.

Sorry Abb,

I think that this doesn't do any good to smartzoom, as the coding behide the smartzoom should be fundamentally different between IDT's mod and Diaftia's mod. You can't just tweak the settings to make it works.

If you really want to do it in the right way, you would have to embedded the smartzoom code (and variables) of V2.75 or Misterblue's mod to V3.0.

Yeah of course, I know this is very difficult for us, since we are not expert in coding the iGo.

Nice try though.

Thanks for all.