AVIC411.com

Avic z110BT overheating I think.

I have kinda the same problem. If it's hot out pandora doesn't work. Connecting to my iPhone is a joke. It won't even charge it if my car has been sitting out in the sun. I have a z120bt but same hardware. Some times my left front channel cuts out too. I checked the wires. Everything is fine. It's just the heat. Is there any update on if your new headunit fixed your problem

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same issue with my z130bt where the ATT would come on and everything but sounds would work.It seemed to be happening to my car when its been sitting out in the GA sun and it gets hot. I would blast the AC for about 5 min and cool the inside down and the z130 would start working fine. I talked to a couple installers I know and they said that the fan in the back of the z130 doesnt cool the unit well enough. We added a separate 12 volt fan back behind there in the space after the radio and it sucks the heat out better. Only when its super hot out now do I still get that problem and then I blast the AC for a few and we are good to go. This is installed inside a 2011 suburban with onstar and hooked up with the gmoslan and the mute wire hooked up too. Appatently the unit just heats up too quickly and pioneer is aware of this. Whether they will do anything about this is another story.

• 1 year later...

i have a 2008 trailblazer SS with a z120bt with Access steering controls and a GMOS wiring harness, and have the same problem...im in Northern NJ so in the summer it gets decently hot, so on hot days the unit will be i ATT mode right on start up, or if i dont have the AC on it will engage ATT mode soon after....even worse in the winter when i have the heat on i get hit with ATT mode after a while of running....so i have to put the AC on in the winter for ATT to go away....obviously a major problem....ive cut away as much of the unneeded plastic behind the unit under the dash to allow more space for air flow, ive wrapped all my cables to ensure that the fan has ample room and is not blocked by anything.... but i think its not even a fan problem since it happens upon start up also....so before the unit even has a chance to turn on and engage the fan its already sensing high temps and in ATT mode, could it be a heat sensor issue, I have gone into testmode and tested the fan on the speeds and honestly ive never heard the fan on the unit before i went and tested it in testmode , maybe the fan is simply not engaging? I want to add another fan in there but that wont help if the unit is already in ATT on start up (before the fan has a chance to even run)....not sure if anyone has a solution to this but im at a loss....