AVIC411.com

Avic z110BT overheating I think.

Sometimes it's the ATT icon sometimes it is MUTE. You can hear the sound VERY VERY light. After driving about 20 min either the (ATT or MUTE) icon turn off and on fast and when stays off. Music starts. I will try to shoot some video of this and post.

thanks

In that case, are you sure it's not a problem with the mute input/wire on the unit ?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it's the ATT icon sometimes it is MUTE. You can hear the sound VERY VERY light. After driving about 20 min either the (ATT or MUTE) icon turn off and on fast and when stays off. Music starts. I will try to shoot some video of this and post.

thanks

In that case, are you sure it's not a problem with the mute input/wire on the unit ?

First thing we looked at. thanks

I had this system installed this past spring while I was stationed in Fairbanks Alaska and I had the same code come up (ATT) in the upper right of the screen. When it would happen my music would fade in and out and if you would shut the truck off and restart it would be fine. It only happened a couple times and since I was in the process of leaving I got busy and never had a chance to get it back to get it checked out. Plus it really only happened a couple of times over the course of a couple/few months. The weather was not hot, maybe 50 degrees at most and so I do not think it was over heating and now I am stationed at FT Stewart Georgia and it is happening all the time and so I am thinking like the poster here that it is the heat. If I go out in the morning I have music, but after my truck sets out all day in the sun and I get in and start it, until it cools down (about 10 minutes or so) I get the ATT code in the upper right of the screen and the music is very faint and fades in and out. After the truck cools down it will come on and all is good to go.

I have no amps and the only thing I had done to it is speakers. I had the stock speakers replaced with Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers. I have not even had the bypass completed in it because I cannot find anyplace that will do it and I am not an electronics type of person (Not that generation).

So if any of you out there know what might be causing this let us know please. I am really glad it is not just me. I read a lot from this sight before I bought this system, but wish I would have read some more on it when it came to some of the stuff you can do with the 2 systems under this one, cause they sound a lot easier to work with.

Thanks Greg

I do not have the steering wheel controls on my truck and so I am just thinking I am going to find a place to take the truck too and have it looked at. I am wondering though, does anyone think this might have something to do with the MSN mod? Nobody as said anything about looking into that addition? Just a thought. I know I have it, have never called to activate cause it was never aval in Alaska and I just got to Georgia a few days ago?

Also wondering if I should have listened to the tech at the stereo install place and went with the Kenwood? But I did not want any knobs...dumb@#& me and they said the Kenwood had the Garmin GPS software so much easier to use...if we could only have bave 50% of the "if I would have only listened to the person doing the talking"

Anyway any other thoughts or if anybody knows of any trust worthy shops around Savannah GA to have this looked at let me know.

Thanks,

Greg

The ATT is not a code, it is the volume mute function. Do you have your steering wheel controls functioning with the unit? Regardless this is likely an instal issue and you should have it looked at.

If this was a lose wire problem, it would happen more often. This never happens when it is warm or cool or cold out.

Only when it is hot.

I am going to have my install shop look at it this week one more time and when either live with it or go with a different brand.

Thanks for ALL your replys.

After they look at it let us know what they say and what you are going to do if you would please. I just got down to GA this week and have no idea where to take my system to to have it looked at and so the more I know about the problem when I do take it there the less I can be bent over the log if you know what I mean.

Thanks again everyone for all the help and advice

Greg

Was not a bad place for 3.5 yrs and it will be a cool place for me and the kids to say we called home and we did get to do a lot of cool stuff. I even sunk a machine in the Chena my first winter there lol.

As for the remote starter, sorry dude, but if I made it through 3.5 years of -50 temps without one do you really think I am going to spend the cash to get one down here? I will sell the unit on ebay and replace it with a Kenwood before I sink more money into it.

Anyway Alaska was an awesome place to live and I made some really awesome friends both civilian and military and I will miss them all. But I know if I want to hunt and fish I will always have a place to go and stay and I do hope to go back in a couple years, but just for a shorter time and not during the winter :D

Greg

I have the same problem you guys are having, I have a 2008 silverado single cab and have had this problem for awhile now, I have had it checked out buy everyone including pioneer and the problem is still their, its not a wiring issue it is the unit itself i am going to try to free up some space in the back of the unit and see what that does. This problem only happens when the headunit gets HOT besides that it works perfect.

It's been stupid hot lately... Our heat index has been up to 120F....

Yet I haven't seen this issue....

I know a Vette has to be cramped....

Are you guys/gals with issues installing them yourselves? Or using local installers?

I know I sound offensive.... But I've seen allot of installers that just don't give a sheet or pay attention to close detail.....

It could even be specific to Vettes.... as their is already 2-3 members having issues....

These unit's need to breathe... and an installer needs to try to take this into consideration....