AVIC411.com

Avic z110BT overheating I think.

Newbie here, I hope you can help and Thanks in advance.

Scenario: Had a Z110BT installed into my 2009 C6 Vette, works perfect until the car sits outside in the GA sun.

After the car sits at work and I go home the unit will not produce any sound until the car cools down. It is repeatable and very consistent.

The screen will display and I can move from menu to menu, put either the mute or ATT button will display in the upper right hand comer until the car AC cools off the interior. It has the latest firmware installed. (not the Z120BT upgrade)

I had the unit replaced last week and the same thing happens.

If anyone can help I would be grateful!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't personally installed one in a Vette.... But given it's cramped nature, I bet it's pretty cramped behind the dash.....

Is there anything blocking the cooling fan on the back? If at possible, give it as much breathing room as possible....

I know I make note of clearing all the wires and such from the fan when installing mine....

We have it pretty hot here in Covington, La. And I haven't come across this issue since the earlier Z's, which they released a "freeze fix".... in which all they did was turn up the fan speed...

Maybe even try to kick the fan speed up a notch or two in TESTMODE???

Some more info, this was pro installed with a very good shop in Atl. they have replaced the unit one time already.

All RCA connections all Bose speakers removed.

Here is a list of the items installed,

Sound Insulation and dynamat, AVIC Z110BT, Focal K2P, Custom A-pillar tweeters, JL Audio sub, CDT Amps. Custom amp/sub rack.

Also I will so a search on fan speed, but the unit never shuts down after the car is cooled. Only after sitting in the sun for a couple of hours.

Thanks and please reply if you have any insite!

Does the sub keep playing?

You could always plug the RCA'a into something else while it's occuring, home stereo or something.

I doubt it's the radio, if it was it would effect more than just the sound, and give a temperature warning and the deck wouldn't boot up.

Does the sub keep playing?

You could always plug the RCA'a into something else while it's occuring, home stereo or something.

I doubt it's the radio, if it was it would effect more than just the sound, and give a temperature warning and the deck wouldn't boot up.

Ok, I will take the car to work today and let it heat up. I will start the car, verify the problem.

Turn turn the car off and dissconnect one amp at a time to see if that gives me any clues.

Ok, I will take the car to work today and let it heat up. I will start the car, verify the problem.

Turn turn the car off and dissconnect one amp at a time to see if that gives me any clues.

It probably won't, as it could also be the amps overheating.... Unplugging the RCA to the amp won't tell you anything in that case....

hi

i have this same issue,

i have a 350z and installed in spring and its been doing this right off the bat. its the z110bt software/unit.

the 350z has a really cramped space behind it.

for me when i turn up the volume beyond 32 it seems to shut off on some songs(same way with no sound but screen funcionality), but when i put the a/c back on it turns back on, or at least has in the past.

im thinking of uninstalling it and putting something so the fan has air to breath on the back but i dont know exactly it will be/or if i will be able to do it sucessfully

i am interested as well to any solutions available

hi

i have this same issue,

i have a 350z and installed in spring and its been doing this right off the bat. its the z110bt software/unit.

the 350z has a really cramped space behind it.

for me when i turn up the volume beyond 32 it seems to shut off on some songs(same way with no sound but screen funcionality), but when i put the a/c back on it turns back on, or at least has in the past.

im thinking of uninstalling it and putting something so the fan has air to breath on the back but i dont know exactly it will be/or if i will be able to do it sucessfully

i am interested as well to any solutions available

Do you happen to know if any of your vent ducts run directly behind your headunit? Since your problem is fixed by simply turning on the A/C, the ambient air in front of the HU's fan might be cooled just enough if the duct is close enough.

Being that the HU is displaying ATT in the corner while this is happening, would make me think that it's not the amps that are over heating...

Sometimes it's the ATT icon sometimes it is MUTE. You can hear the sound VERY VERY light. After driving about 20 min either the (ATT or MUTE) icon turn off and on fast and when stays off. Music starts. I will try to shoot some video of this and post.

thanks