AVIC411.com

are these forums infected with malware?

I am getting random security warnings from both Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials when I open this site in IE 8 on the Windows 7 platform.

Is it possible this site has been infected with malware?

When I open the Avic411 links pushed to me from thread subscriptions in my email client, these two urls are blocked by Malwarebytes:

IP-BLOCK 82.146.49.67

IP-BLOCK 208.43.86.171

and IE 8 has this response:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

Is it possible the Avic email links are infected, or my cable companies email client?

are either one of those urls connected to Avic in any way? One is a service provider and the other seems to be in India

thanks

cpkdude

There aren't any SSL pages on the site so I wouldn't worry about the certificate thing, it's just on one bothered paying $200 for a signed SSL certificate that wouldn't be used. I've got no clue about that other stuff.

Okay, I guess. It's the only site I visit regularily with this warning. Good to hear there are no worries

• 2 weeks later...