AVIC411.com

Am I screwed? i'm desperate and will pay $$ if fixed

Sorry this is one of the first posts ive made so i'm sorry if its in the wrong place. Anyway, i recently bought a set of 60mp dvds off of a person on here, only to find that when i went to install the east disc i upgraded everything and then went straight to the "please insert appropriate dvd" screen constantly. I printed out the steps on how to downgrade back to 50mp that came with my D1, but no luck. I've copied the steps several times and still nothing. When i go into the service menu and go to format the SDRAM it comes up with an error and wont format it. does anyone have any idea how to revert everything back to a stock condition? completly wipe everything out? I cannot get to any of the normal menus anymore either, i cant access the radio buttons or anything, but if i push source while the "please insert appropriat disc" is up it will turn the radio/ipod on so i can still listen to music, but i cant get to any of the screens to navigate them. I'm desperate for help because i bought this unit new off ebay a few weeks ago and i dont think i can use the warentee cause it wasnt an authorized dealer. I will be more than willing to send a little x-mas present to anyone who can talk me through getting this working correctly again.

my guess, is that either you didnt upgrade fully and something has now gone wrong, or your disk drive is not reading the disks for whatever reason, could be a bad drive now, or could be damage to the disks or something, its hard to tell. look at the disks see if they are scratched, and do you mean to say that you actually got it to fully update to the new disks or not?

They were copied cds I bought off of Praetorian. I've done everything i can figure out to downgrade it and nothing is working. I've used both of my original 50m dvds and neither of them will do it, and i even have another copy of 60m that a friend of mine downloaded, and i cant revert to them either. You have any idea if theres a way to completly erase everything? set it back to fully stock. one button sorta thing? theres gotta be a way to get it back to that original setup

um, no one button thing no. but you could restore an image of the hard drive .. but I am guessing you didnt save it originally. I dont know if restoring someone elses image works would probably be best to search the hard drive threads about it, maybe even ask. you will probably have to pay to unlock the drive. it really sounds like your dvd drive isnt reading disks.

i might be wrong, but the D1 doesnt have a hard drive does it? I personally dont think anything is wrong with the drive itself. It seems to read everything i put it in it, and when i go into the service menus and downgrade to the other versions on the other dvds, it appears to work, cause it reads through the % up to 100 percent everytime, everything seems to work fine, in that sense but then when it restarts it just says to insert appropriate disc. when i check the service menu after this, the version # match the dvd that i currently downgraded to so its working to that point. Still no access to any of te touchscreen menus or anything. either I would probably assume the same thing in terms of the drive not working, but theres another thread on here where 2 other people had the same problem after installing a copied version of 60m, one of them just sent his to pioneer under warentee and got it back, but they didnt say what was wrong with it so i assume its not something with the drive itself just cause others have similar problems unless the dvd just kills the drive instantly, which being the computer nerd that i am, it doesnt seem logical. Id probably call up pioneer in this instance if I didnt but it off ebay and even though it was new, i doubt the person i bought it from was an authorized dealer....so i figured i would ask on here first see if anyone has any idea so i dont dish out a few hundred dollars to get it fixed. so yeah... i dont know.......

haha, yeah i'm certain... i'm pretty sure i'm doing everything correctly... like i was saying theres another thread on here where two others appear to be having similar problems. I contacted the seller of the cds he said hes never heard of such a thing and personally i'm not really sure how a disc upgrade can harm any hardware, so i just need to do some sort of reset to default to work through it i would imagine. would be nice if there was a pin-hole button or something to that effect on the back side of the navigation that would reset it to factory default. anyone have any suggestions??? alternate ways of resetting things within the service menu? i'm afraid to really play around within the service menu cause i dont want to screw things up even worse.

Euology101, I had the same message about two hours ago. I just did the Software Downgrade procedure and all was fine. Just make sure to use the MAP button when the procedure calls for (VIEW-POS) button, and use the B.Light button when the procedure calls for BACK button. See if that works.