AVIC411.com

Am I screwed? i'm desperate and will pay $$ if fixed

Just a long shot. I had the same problem with burnt discs I purchased . After several hours I found that I received 2 West Discs (although one was marked East). I live in the East . I was loading the West Disc for the my area and the GPS would not zoom or give detailed location info. I tried to reinstall old discs and got the "Insert Proper Disc" because the Unit was looking for the "West" Disc.

I did the reset prior to receiving the correct disc. If needed I will look up the link .

good Luck !

hey, Thanks for the info. I wondered if that was the problem with mine, so i actually used my original west dvd to see if i could downgrade to that also, and that didnt seem to work either. But i tore out the system today and called up the guy who sent it to me and since he works with pioneer he was able to get me a replacement so i just sent it out to him today. The person i bought the discs off of is sending out 2 new sets so when the new system and the new sets arrive I will find out if all is well in the world of navigation. Thanks to everyone who replied though I really do appreciate the help, i couldnt seem to get anything to work. live and learn, atleast both people i have delt with are good people and are willing to help.

I contacted Pioneer regarding upgrading Map infomation to the D2 and also happened to discuss your situation, basically your software crashed and the only way to fix it is to reflash the system. Supposedly lot of people are running into this problem and all are victims of copied DVD's. This is not to say all are bad, because that's not true, I guess its a hit or miss.

He did say Pioneer charges $75 to do the reflash and 3 weeks times is required for the entire process of shipping back and forth. Im sure someone on this forum is knowledgeable on figuring out how to reflash the system themselves.

NYDesi80: Thanks for that info. I probably would have figured that out also had I called them, but I wasn't sure if my warentee would work so I figured I would try here first. Atleast this way I know what needs to be done in the future. I do wonder if anyone on here knows how to flash these systems also... ill have to look into that, but thanks again!