AVIC411.com

Hello all-

I have searched and search this forum but have yet to find what I need.

My U.S. F700BT started getting stuck at "System Startup in Progress. Please Wait." It would show that message for a few minutes and then reboot.

I checked the Pioneer support site and saw that there were firmware updates available so I tried to use one of those to correct the issue. This resulted in the headunit showing the splash page and then shutting down completely.

So then I had the bright idea to try some of the other solutions I had seen on this board, upgrading to 3.1, upgrading WinCE, etc. So far everything has resulted in a completely unusable system. Right now all it does is show the splash page and then eventually shuts down.

Many of the solutions I found here had files associated with them that are no longer available. Could someone please post the required files and instructions to basically reinstall my entire headunit? At this stage I dont care what version it is as long as the system will stay powered up, play the radio, have the default maps of the U.S., etc. and play music from SD or iPod! :D

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you made a mess of your system. From your description, it sounds like it was the semi typical issue with a corrupt GpsParaX.bin (X=0-3) file. The normal solution to that is to delete the 4 GpsParaX.bin files.

Where you really blew it was most likely trying to do the 3.1 install.

I've noticed that if the version of Windows CE is different between the background windows (done through service menu) and the one on the flash drive you can experience weird issues at times and it will work fine at other times.

I have all the files to restore the F700 to version 2.0. I just need an e-mail address to set you up to be able to download it since it is at a commercial online backup site that uses e-mail addresses as a the user ID and sets permissions from there. The files are not something that can be e-mailed as they are about 1.7Gb for the full image.

Basically, you need to download the files I can share and the V2.3 test mode files and put them on a SD Card (card needs to be at least 2Gb).

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "F700" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. Except for the test mode files/folder (It will say the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sounds like you made a mess of your system. From your description, it sounds like it was the semi typical issue with a corrupt GpsParaX.bin (X=0-3) file. The normal solution to that is to delete the 4 GpsParaX.bin files.

Where you really blew it was most likely trying to do the 3.1 install.

I've noticed that if the version of Windows CE is different between the background windows (done through service menu) and the one on the flash drive you can experience weird issues at times and it will work fine at other times.

I have all the files to restore the F700 to version 2.0. I just need an e-mail address to set you up to be able to download it since it is at a commercial online backup site that uses e-mail addresses as a the user ID and sets permissions from there. The files are not something that can be e-mailed as they are about 1.7Gb for the full image.

Basically, you need to download the files I can share and the V2.3 test mode files and put them on a SD Card (card needs to be at least 2Gb).

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "F700" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. Except for the test mode files/folder (It will say the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

Hi, i need all the files to restore the F700 to version 2.0. please my email is yoanglobo@gmail.com thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having a completely different problem and was hoping someone here could help. Everything was working great until one day when my daughter connected her iphone to the USB to play her ipod. Everything came up. you can switch songs, see how far into the song it is playing. Everything seems normal but no sound. No volume! I always played my iphone on it but now mine has no sound either. No matter what device I hook up, no sound. Does anyone know if there is a fuse and if so, do you know where to locate it? Any other possible problems? Any thing will help, 

Thank you,   

CindyO

• 2 months later...

I'm having a completely different problem and was hoping someone here could help. Everything was working great until one day when my daughter connected her iphone to the USB to play her ipod. Everything came up. you can switch songs, see how far into the song it is playing. Everything seems normal but no sound. No volume! I always played my iphone on it but now mine has no sound either. No matter what device I hook up, no sound. Does anyone know if there is a fuse and if so, do you know where to locate it? Any other possible problems? Any thing will help, 

Thank you,   

CindyO

Did you make sure that the settings for the input are set to iPod? Press the "Menu" button and touch the "Settings" tab. Select "AV Settings", and touch the 

"AV1 Input" button until "iPod" is displayed. 
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all-

I have searched and search this forum but have yet to find what I need.

My U.S. F700BT started getting stuck at "System Startup in Progress. Please Wait." It would show that message for a few minutes and then reboot.

I checked the Pioneer support site and saw that there were firmware updates available so I tried to use one of those to correct the issue. This resulted in the headunit showing the splash page and then shutting down completely.

So then I had the bright idea to try some of the other solutions I had seen on this board, upgrading to 3.1, upgrading WinCE, etc. So far everything has resulted in a completely unusable system. Right now all it does is show the splash page and then eventually shuts down.

Many of the solutions I found here had files associated with them that are no longer available. Could someone please post the required files and instructions to basically reinstall my entire headunit? At this stage I dont care what version it is as long as the system will stay powered up, play the radio, have the default maps of the U.S., etc. and play music from SD or iPod! :D

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Do you still have the "I have all the files to restore the F700 to version 2.0" files, my F700bt is now doinf the same thing? If you have them can you send them to me please. knowname6887@gmail.com