AVIC411.com

Compatibility between X920BT and New Apple ITouch 4?

Hi everyone,

I currently have an Iphone 3gs 32gb connected to my X920BT with the Ipod cable and works great. I'm considering getting the new Itouch that was just released. I'm wondering if anyone here has this Itouch and has had experience connecting it to the X920BT. I'd like to know if there are any compatibility issues before purchasing it.

Thanks

I have a 32 G Itouch that has the multi-tasking software that Apple released around June.

I also have a new Iphone 4 that I got in July.

Both work with the X920Bt.

I stopped using Pioneerlink when Pandora suddenly released a new update in August that

was "optimized for car radio head units"

The Itouch connects with a Clear hotspot that I keep in my car. Its basically Wifi to the Clear hotspot

and then WiMax to the Clear tower. It works very well - but I do have one problem. When I get home,

and the Itouch sees my home WiFi network it wants to leave the Clear hotspot. Not really a problem when

I come home. But before I leave my house, I have to be sure that my Itouch is on the Clear WiFi and not

my home WiFi.

You get music both ways - but if I forget to change the WiFi, its obvious when Pandorra stops after the first song.

The Clear service is a 4G wireless service that costs me $25 a month. In reality, it was almost free because I fired AT&T DSL and my VoIP provider when I got Clear. I was paying them $65 a month, and now I pay $82 (including taxes) for a "home modem" (replaced DSL), a VoIP service (replaced Voange), and a "on the go" service. But Clear's signal is about 5 times as fast as my old DSL modem - and I sure as hell couldn't use DSL in my car.

So for an extra $17, I got about 5 times the speed at home - and - a very nice high speed internet connection in my car (or whereever). I've used Apple facetime at the baseball stadium once - in conjunction with the Clear hotspot.

The Iphone is a little more solid than the Itouch (I don't pay Clear for a 3G backup - and I don't have that problem of making sure what WiFi network I'm on if the phone has a 3G backup).

Overall - I would say the actual application has gotten WAY better since the Pandora update allowed me to dump Pioneerlink.

The other Pioneerspecific app would get hung often. That went away with the new Pandora software. I used to find myself literally turning the engine off at intersections just to reboot the radio so I could shake it from whatever goofy state it was in.

Plus the new software lets you take the Iphone/Itouch from the cable without causing a problem.

That was extremely "iffy" in the past.

Hi everyone,

I currently have an Iphone 3gs 32gb connected to my X920BT with the Ipod cable and works great. I'm considering getting the new Itouch that was just released. I'm wondering if anyone here has this Itouch and has had experience connecting it to the X920BT. I'd like to know if there are any compatibility issues before purchasing it.

Thanks

how does the iphone 3GS bluetooth hands free calling work with the X920bt? is it a clear cellphone call? and good connection?

I just started using the X920BT with an iPhone 4, previously I was using an AVIC N3. Multiple people have told me I sound fine when I'm not driving, but when I'm driving they can't hear me over the noise of the car driving. This wasn't an issue on my N3.

The one good thing is I struggled with the volume of my parrot which I used with my N3, the built in parrot in the X920BT is MUCH louder.

-Keith

how does the iphone 3GS bluetooth hands free calling work with the X920bt? is it a clear cellphone call? and good connection?

Be warned, BT sound quality has been a weak spot for some users, myself included, if BT performance is a core item on your list be sure you can return the unit if it does not meet your needs.

I'm not saying it's bad for everyone, but those who have had bad problems with is have not been able to resolve it.

Be warned, BT sound quality has been a weak spot for some users, myself included, if BT performance is a core item on your list be sure you can return the unit if it does not meet your needs.

I'm not saying it's bad for everyone, but those who have had bad problems with is have not been able to resolve it.

well said. for me, it has been OK. No one, including my old mother on here 1957 desktop phone, have hung up on me cause' the call ticked them off, reception-wise. Diane had more problems for sure than I have. My iTouch interfaces quite well, and it's running iOS4 now. I sat in the garage where I had a wi-fi connection, hooked up the iTouch via the Pioneer cable, and boom, there was all the Pandora data on the screen: album art, song titles, etc. cool. Now, if I could only leave the garage...lol