AVIC411.com

AVRCP 1.3 - yea or nay

You got me curious, I had no idea what AVRCP 1.3 was, after looking into it, it seems as though it would have to have it to be able to read all the data from ipod etc. Also would need it to control multiple sources with remote.

I AM NO EXPERT just what I read makes me think, Yes it would have it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

You got me curious, I had no idea what AVRCP 1.3 was, after looking into it, it seems as though it would have to have it to be able to read all the data from ipod etc. Also would need it to control multiple sources with remote.

I AM NO EXPERT just what I read makes me think, Yes it would have it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

Well if that's the case, then ANY Bluetooth device that transmits ACRCP 1.3 or 1.4 SHOULD result in meta-tag data, aka song, artist, album info transmitting to the Pioneer Avic's screen bia wireless bluetooth, no?

Well if that's the case, then ANY Bluetooth device that transmits ACRCP 1.3 or 1.4 SHOULD result in meta-tag data, aka song, artist, album info transmitting to the Pioneer Avic's screen bia wireless bluetooth, no?

Well, if I play MP3s on my phone and have the AVIC source set to BT audio, I see the Album/Artist info, so I guess it works.

Well, if I play MP3s on my phone and have the AVIC source set to BT audio, I see the Album/Artist info, so I guess it works.

what phone are you using - and, is that a wireless connection, or if iPhone, a wired connection?

what phone are you using - and, is that a wireless connection, or if iPhone, a wired connection?

It is an HTC HD2 running WM 6.5. It only seems to work with Windows Media Player. It displays the Album, Artist and Song title. The Stop, Pause, Next Track, and Previous Track buttons also work.

I also tried TCPMP, which does not display any of the above info, just plays the audio.

In WMP, I also tried playing a few videos, but only the audio played on the AVIC.

As far as your second question, this is using BT (which is, of course, wireless). The discussion was about BT.

I was specifically responding to the statement about the capability of displaying MP3 tags on the AVIC using BT.

I don''t know if this is related to AVRCP 1.3 support.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. Tried with a Motorola Cliq XT tonight running OS 1.5 and can't even get audio to work right. Track will play for a second then goes into a permanent fast forward mode. I don't know what's going on.

did you ever get this to work? Any other Android users out there who have experimented with your expensive new phones :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Motorola i1 running Android 1.5 and I can get it to stream music to my Z120.

The Z display shows Connect and trying to connect on the screen.

If I press the connect it just tells me to start the Bluetooth on the phone. (It's already on.)

If I check the Bluetooth settings on the Z it shows connected to the Motorola as both phone and audio.

If I press "play" on the phone the music comes out of the Z.

Unfortunately none of the Z controls affect the i1.

I tried connecting the i1 directly to the USB port and the radio

says the USB isn't supported. ;<

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Motorola i1 running Android 1.5 and I can get it to stream music to my Z120.

The Z display shows Connect and trying to connect on the screen.

If I press the connect it just tells me to start the Bluetooth on the phone. (It's already on.)

If I check the Bluetooth settings on the Z it shows connected to the Motorola as both phone and audio.

If I press "play" on the phone the music comes out of the Z.

Unfortunately none of the Z controls affect the i1.

I tried connecting the i1 directly to the USB port and the radio

says the USB isn't supported. ;<

What a shame that the frickin' iPhone seems to be the only phone supporting the full Bluetooth spec (other than WM 6.5, but that's not gonna happen for my next phone).

Android - get your act together - this is the future!

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1, but when source is set to BT Audio with the iPod app streaming via bluetooth successfully, I still don't see any meta data on the screen of X120BT.

The only thing showing is:

"iPhone connecting..

Connect"

What a shame that the frickin' iPhone seems to be the only phone supporting the full Bluetooth spec (other than WM 6.5, but that's not gonna happen for my next phone).

Android - get your act together - this is the future!

That's odd - as everything I've read suggests that the Pioneer decks have the AVRCP 1.3 spec built-in, and iOS4.0 supposedly also supports the full spec, aka meta-data, song titles, artists names, etc.

What apparently must be the truth is that either Apple or Pioneer is fibbing.

How do we find out which is which? I took my iPad out to the garage, ran Pandora, and linked via Bluetooth to the Pioneer.

No artist - no song title - just a play and stop button appeared.

Since no phones support this that I can find (other than the gent earlier in this thread who claimed that his WM 6.5 phone transmits meta data), it's hard to get a clear opinion on what two products will make this work.

I need a new phone now, and this would be a great feature, if only I didn't have to do it with Windows Mobile 6.5

:)

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1, but when source is set to BT Audio with the iPod app streaming via bluetooth successfully, I still don't see any meta data on the screen of X120BT.

The only thing showing is:

"iPhone connecting..

Connect"

have you tried different apps to stream to the Pioneer other than the one you mentioned? Pandora maybe?

That's odd - as everything I've read suggests that the Pioneer decks have the AVRCP 1.3 spec built-in, and iOS4.0 supposedly also supports the full spec, aka meta-data, song titles, artists names, etc.

What apparently must be the truth is that either Apple or Pioneer is fibbing.

How do we find out which is which? I took my iPad out to the garage, ran Pandora, and linked via Bluetooth to the Pioneer.

No artist - no song title - just a play and stop button appeared.

Since no phones support this that I can find (other than the gent earlier in this thread who claimed that his WM 6.5 phone transmits meta data), it's hard to get a clear opinion on what two products will make this work.

I need a new phone now, and this would be a great feature, if only I didn't have to do it with Windows Mobile 6.5

:)

Well, the fact that my WM6.5 HTC HD2 works perfectly seems to say who's lying. But historically, BT support for the various specs and profiles is inconsistent between manufacturers. They will eventually get it sorted out.

BTW, I can boot into Android (2.2.1) and play BT audio MP3s using the built-in audio player. No tags appear, but I can use the Stop/Pause and next/previous buttons to control the playback.

If I could just figure out how to get my Contacts to transfer under Android, I'd run it permanently. So far, this custom port (HyperDroid) is about 80% ready. I'm lovin some of the apps and the phone's VR interface to Google & maps (I haven' tried it through the AVIC). But some parts just aren't as solid as WM in the interface with the Z120.