AVIC411.com

Cannot update to new firmware??

There is no way to use a Micro SD, unless you have an adapter... It's a typo in the Pioneer instructions...

Just use a normal SD card... when I say normal, make sure that it isn't a SDHC or SDXC<-- as those may or may not work...

Make sure you have unzipped the "AVICZ110" folder to the root of the SD card...

Make sure that you don't already have the latest version...

After reading that in the instructions, I thought it might be a micro SD card w/an SD adapter. Both of the cards I have are standard SD cards, not the other formats. Just to confirm, put the unzipped folder on the root of the drive? The AVICZ110 folder? Not everything in the folder on the root of the card? I've been putting the folder on the root & nothing happens. I can go to the SD card but then it tries to play one of the .wav files in the folder. I can't stand the reversed phone book names, really want to get this updated & can't seem to do it at the moment.

Sounds like you're doing it right.... Just unzip the Z110BT folder and put it in the root, with nothing else...

What are you using to unzip it with?

I either use the built in zip with Windows 7 or I use 7-Zip....

Maybe try to format the card prior to copying the folder to it...

That's what I've tried so far. I formatted the card to FAT32 instead of FAT (tried it both ways), I'm assuming it should be FAT32. I used 7-Zip to unzip it. Should I dump the contents of the AVICZ110 unzipped folder onto the root of the card? If that .wav file didn't "play" when I went to the SD card on the menu, I wouldn't think it even worked at this point. I'll try to re-format the card, unzip the folder again & try that. It's gotten pretty frustrating fairly quickly...

Should I have it on a certain input? Should I turn it off after putting in the SD card? What's worked for you guys? I've just left it on XM (that's what I usually listen to) & keep waiting for the update to start but it never does...

Fat32 worked for me, but I suspect FAT would work also. I assume you are talking about the Z120 2.003 update you downloaded from Pioneer (don't know why else you'd be updating a Z120 :P ).

Lets go back to square one. I seem to remember having a little trouble with this also.

Make sure your SD card has these directories in its ROOT:

APL

BOOT

FONTS

PLATFORM

And the also following files:

EU090APL.HTM

EU090APL.VER

EU090BOT.HTM

EU090BOT.VER

EU090FNT.HTM

EU090FNT.VER

EU090PLT.HTM

EU090PLT.VER

I made the mistake of just blindly copying the directory I unziped the archive to, which had all these file under a directory called AVICZ110. This didn't work.

Insert the SD into the Z120 and if nothing happens within about 15 seconds, turn off your ignition and turn it back on. Let the AVIC reboot with the SD in it's slot.

Fat32 worked for me, but I suspect FAT would work also. I assume you are talking about the Z120 2.003 update you downloaded from Pioneer (don't know why else you'd be updating a Z120 :P ).

Lets go back to square one. I seem to remember having a little trouble with this also.

Make sure your SD card has these directories in its ROOT:

APL

BOOT

FONTS

PLATFORM

And the also following files:

EU090APL.HTM

EU090APL.VER

EU090BOT.HTM

EU090BOT.VER

EU090FNT.HTM

EU090FNT.VER

EU090PLT.HTM

EU090PLT.VER

I made the mistake of just blindly copying the directory I unziped the archive to, which had all these file under a directory called AVICZ110. This didn't work.

Insert the SD into the Z120 and if nothing happens within about 15 seconds, turn off your ignition and turn it back on. Let the AVIC reboot with the SD in it's slot.

Thanks for the post...I just tried this (I've been putting the AVICZ110 folder on the root of the SD card previously) & it still didn't work for me...nothing happens at all...left in for 5 minutes, nothing...turned the truck off then back & waited another 5 minutes then nothing happened...I hope there isn't anything wrong w/the SD card reader, that would suck...I'll try reformatting back to FAT (just tried it w/FAT32) & try again...never have I ever had any issues updating firmware on a device before this & I seem to be the only person who can't get this done...thanks for all the help so far, I was hoping to get this figured out by tonight, I leave for a business trip to Florida early tomorrow morning :(

You should try to upload a splash screen picture from your SD card - if you can't maybe the SD reader is the culprit.

Sounds like a good idea...how exactly do I do that? I was looking for instructions in the Custom Background forum but all I saw instructions were for a D3...I believe that you have to make a folder on the root called "Pictures" and put the images in there...not sure on the size, I believe it's 800x480 or something...does anyone know if there's a thread w/directions for this on a Z120? Thanks

Have you checked to see if you already have the lastest version? If you are up-to-date the update will not do anything.

Also, make sure you only have 1 folder called "AVICZ110". If you have an AVICZ110 folder with another AVICZ110 folder beneath it, put just the lowest 1 (the one with the APL, BOOT, FONTS, PLATFORM folders in it) on the SD card.

if that doesnt work try copying just the files in the AVICZ110 folder to the SD card without the AVICZ110 folder itself.

You should try to upload a splash screen picture from your SD card - if you can't maybe the SD reader is the culprit.

Easier yet, copy a few MP3s to the SD.

There are some custom screen images on this message board. The Z1xx series can use a large variety of sizes.

Splash screen images should be used within the following formats;

— BMP or JPEG files

— Allowable horizontal and vertical size are 2592 pixels x 1944 pixels or smaller

— Allowable data size is 6MB or smaller

From the Manual:

1 Create a folder named “Pictures” on the top-most directory of the

SD memory card and store the picture files in this folder.

2 Store the picture files in “Pictures”.

3 Insert an SD memory card into the SD card slot.

4 Display the “System Settings” screen.

5 Touch [splash Screen].

The “Select Splash Screen” screen appears.

6 Touch [select from SD].

The “Select Splash Screen” screen appears.

7 Touch the image to use as the splash screen from the list.

The image is displayed on the screen.

8 Touch [OK].

The image is set as the splash screen, and the system returns

to the “System Settings” menu.