AVIC411.com

Extension cable - GPS

I installed the Z1 in my Lincoln Aviator and I couldn't come close to reaching the back either. So what I did I ran it out the right side of the dash, out the lower door sill, up the front part of the passenger side molding (rubber gasket around the door opening), up to the bottom of the passenger side A pillar, under the right fender and then up the windshield and put it in the front. My windshield has a rubber lip around it and the GPS wire tucked right under it, it's just above the passenger side A pillar. I haven't taken a picture of it, but it's very non-obtrusive. You could probably put it on the dash itself too.
I can sell you an extension with connectors that will work, but where are you running this wire that it won't reach the head unit? If your running it from the back of an SUV, your probably bettor off coming down one side of the headliner inot an Apillar and then over to the head unit.
[quote name="Anonymous"]Does a extension cable for the GPS antenna exist ? There is no way I can get it remotely into the rear spolier of my SUV with the stock GPS antenna cable....[/quote]

On thing that a (fiberglass body) Hummer H1 owner friend likes to point out is that GPS antennas work just fine behind non-metal srufaces. Many H1 owners mount antennas underneath their (fiberglass) hoods for this reason. Another popular site is INSIDE fiberglass door-mirror housings.
  • 10 months later...
[quote name="Martinistr8up1"]I can sell you an extension with connectors that will work, but where are you running this wire that it won't reach the head unit? If your running it from the back of an SUV, your probably bettor off coming down one side of the headliner inot an Apillar and then over to the head unit.[/quote]

will there be any signall loss with an extension? i need about 5 ft
I see some old posts say that there is no extention for the gps antenna. has anyone come up with anything in the last few months? I am installing an antenna in my element using the following popular method used by honda element owners, but i'm coming up about a foot short: [url=http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19971&highlight=back+camera]http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums ... ack+camera[/url]

thanks!