AVIC411.com

Hi all,

Let's just say I have a bit of a temper issue. lol Apparently my right hook is good enough to crack the screen on my Avic z2. I cannot change channels or anything else when I touch the screen. However...the remote control works and I can push the buttons on the bottom panel to change stations/volume, etc. I'd actually be fine with it "as is" if I could control the AV settings.

Could the issue just be replacing the touch screen? I believe the LCD costs a lot more...does it sound like that may need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for your help! :grin:

Paul

Touch screen (thin glass on top) is definately broken. The LCD may also be broken. Look closely at the screen to see if the image is actually screwed up, or just the glass on top. The touch screen is a fairly cheap fix.

Thanks for the help! It looks just like a big spiderweb! lol The images beneath seem fine, just as if nothing happened.

Is the screen something Best Buy can replace? I also see offers on eBay to fix the Avic for far less than I believe Pioneer would charge. Good idea?

Thanks again!

You can order the touchscreen from pioneer for about $60 and install yourself, use the eBay service or send to pioneer. Pioneer will be the most expensive and take the longest. You can do it yourself in about 30 minutes. There are instructions and part number in these forums. Do a search. Good luck.

• 7 months later...

You can order the touchscreen from pioneer for about $60 and install yourself, use the eBay service or send to pioneer. Pioneer will be the most expensive and take the longest. You can do it yourself in about 30 minutes. There are instructions and part number in these forums. Do a search. Good luck.

Is it fairly easy to install touchscreen? I don't have much experience with installing car audio.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...