AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Does anyone have the igo icon that shows up in the top menu after igo is launched? I have searched all of chuck88's files but have not been able to find it. If someone could upload it for me that would be great. Also is it possible to bypass or get rid of the stock igo completely? I have to stay still until primo starts up to get a gps fix. It is driving me Crazy. I have been going through ryar's thread and I haven't seen anything about a true autolaunch from boot. Anyone have any info? If not I will try ryar's gps fix. Thanks in advance

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also is it possible to bypass or get rid of the stock igo completely?

I can't find where I read it, but I'm pretty sure that the core menu system and AV management is embedded within the custom iGo8 software that Pioneer developed. That being said, Ryar's AvicNet2.1 has something called "hardbutton" I think, that can startup a program (like Primo2.0) directly on boot. To find it, click on settings under the AvicNet menu. It does take a bit longer to boot because it first has to startup iGo8, but if you've decided to use Primo exclusively, it makes things a bit easier.

I'd recommend that WinCE image that disables the gyro. I believe the gyro is supposed to help keep your position if gps is lost, but it never seemed to do a great job anyway. Does anyone know if there's any real useful purpose for the gyro?

-PMS

Does anyone have the igo icon that shows up in the top menu after igo is launched? I have searched all of chuck88's files but have not been able to find it. If someone could upload it for me that would be great. Also is it possible to bypass or get rid of the stock igo completely? I have to stay still until primo starts up to get a gps fix. It is driving me Crazy. I have been going through ryar's thread and I haven't seen anything about a true autolaunch from boot. Anyone have any info? If not I will try ryar's gps fix. Thanks in advance

PsychoMcSatan is right. The iGo must be loaded prio Primo's launch, your AVIC will otherwise reboot after 4 or 5 minutes because it receives no sign of life from iGo (embedded). I already tried to rename Primo.exe to iGo.exe to try to foul Pioneer must it always says "Waiting for system startup ...", then reboot after a while. Someone would have to hack the Primo.exe in the binary level ... maybe carver but he is not around! :(

Within my mod, you can set the default navigation software to Primo, but again, iGo must be loaded (automatically) first. It will then shutdown iGo to free memory, then start Primo after. I have carver's nag messages hack so my unit start automatically Primo without pressing any key, because carver's hack default to the iGo map screen after booting, and my mod will countdown 10 seconds, then Primo will start automatically.

Good luck.

I can't find where I read it, but I'm pretty sure that the core menu system and AV management is embedded within the custom iGo8 software that Pioneer developed. That being said, Ryar's AvicNet2.1 has something called "hardbutton" I think, that can startup a program (like Primo2.0) directly on boot. To find it, click on settings under the AvicNet menu. It does take a bit longer to boot because it first has to startup iGo8, but if you've decided to use Primo exclusively, it makes things a bit easier.

I'd recommend that WinCE image that disables the gyro. I believe the gyro is supposed to help keep your position if gps is lost, but it never seemed to do a great job anyway. Does anyone know if there's any real useful purpose for the gyro?

-PMS

Thanks for the info PMS. I am going to try the gyro sensor method this weekend. I actually realized that my iPod video does not work if I am running primo, so I am just going to leave the navi part alone for now.

Thanks again

Jlea

PsychoMcSatan is right. The iGo must be loaded prio Primo's launch, your AVIC will otherwise reboot after 4 or 5 minutes because it receives no sign of life from iGo (embedded). I already tried to rename Primo.exe to iGo.exe to try to foul Pioneer must it always says "Waiting for system startup ...", then reboot after a while. Someone would have to hack the Primo.exe in the binary level ... maybe carver but he is not around! :(

Within my mod, you can set the default navigation software to Primo, but again, iGo must be loaded (automatically) first. It will then shutdown iGo to free memory, then start Primo after. I have carver's nag messages hack so my unit start automatically Primo without pressing any key, because carver's hack default to the iGo map screen after booting, and my mod will countdown 10 seconds, then Primo will start automatically.

Good luck.

Hey Chuck,

I thought my nav was unit was starting up to the nav and then loading primo automatically as well, but lately it hasn't been starting on the nav screen???? I will check the settings again. Do you by any chance have the primo icon that appears on the top menu after it starts up. I have not been able to locate it in the files but I want to replace another icon with it. Could you upload the bmp if you have a minute. Thanks. Jlea

Hi Chuck,

I updated my AVIC F700BT with your new update with Primo 2 (already had it with your first mod with Primo 1.2) and everything is going fine...except the cameras alerts that are still made in english, the voice saying "mobile camera ahead" although I put the french voice alerts in the audio folder in the data.zip in Igo..Is there a line to modify somewhere so that the alerts in Primo will look for the right voice? It was working fine with the Primo 1.2 versin, but I didnt remember how I made it work..lol..Could it come fom the speedcam file that is not in the good format?..Thank already for this update and if you can help..

Hi Chuck,

I updated my AVIC F700BT with your new update with Primo 2 (already had it with your first mod with Primo 1.2) and everything is going fine...except the cameras alerts that are still made in english, the voice saying "mobile camera ahead" although I put the french voice alerts in the audio folder in the data.zip in Igo..Is there a line to modify somewhere so that the alerts in Primo will look for the right voice? It was working fine with the Primo 1.2 versin, but I didnt remember how I made it work..lol..Could it come fom the speedcam file that is not in the good format?..Thank already for this update and if you can help..

SkyWalker,

I'm afraid that I can't of any help without spending a significant amount of time on it, since I never use the French voice on Primo.

You'll definitely have better lucks if you PM Jean-Louis Motte or post you question on the "French Discussion" of this Forum, or just read it, I believe that I saw discussions over this matter a while back, when they translated my mod into French. I think that you have to change some voice files under a zip file under the VOICES folder.

Lucks!

Hi Chuck,

I will always regret that the whole Canada doesn't speak french!..lol..You know.."Vive le Québec libre"...lol..Anyway, great thanks for your answer and I will try to find the solution withe the helpers you named..And thanks again for your really fantastic job on our AVIC..