AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

When I load your files, I get this message.

"failed to open file ui_pioneer/common/ui/legacy_variables.ui exiting application"

This UI file is within the DATA.zip, which mean that DATA.zip is maybe not copied to "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo".

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

first I would like to thank you Chuck88 and everyone else sharing their expertise and their hard work with the rest of us.

My car is silver with grey interior.. when I switch to Chrome in the interface changer, it does change it in some places, yet the main menu still has a green background and also some other places like the device settings its all green. is that supposed to happen? or there is something wrong in my install thats interfering with the theme.

Thanx

Hi,

first I would like to thank you Chuck88 and everyone else sharing their expertise and their hard work with the rest of us.

My car is silver with grey interior.. when I switch to Chrome in the interface changer, it does change it in some places, yet the main menu still has a green background and also some other places like the device settings its all green. is that supposed to happen? or there is something wrong in my install thats interfering with the theme.

Thanx

Nothing is wrong, just that you have to find a IMAGE.RES file and replace the one within the "\My Flash Disk\APL". I embedded the one that I use that matches the interior of my car ... sorry about that!

You can find an chrome IMAGE.RES pretty easily in this forum. Abb1 has made a great one so look at his Chrome Mod thread and download the IMAGE.RES.

Hmm, thanks. The auto installer must not be picking my US version when I select it.

Last error question then I will have to work on this tonight when I get home to my own computer.

When I load your files, I get this message.

"failed to open file ui_pioneer/common/ui/legacy_variables.ui exiting application"

Hey the Nissan guy,

I think that I might put the finger on your problem. Let's try that ...

Do you have a folder just under the iGo folder called "ui_pioneer". If so please backup that whole folder (if you need it later) then completely delete it, then restart iGo or reboot the AVIC.

Let me know!

Hey the Nissan guy,

I think that I might put the finger on your problem. Let's try that ...

Do you have a folder just under the iGo folder called "ui_pioneer". If so please backup that whole folder (if you need it later) then completely delete it, then restart iGo or reboot the AVIC.

Let me know!

Well, getting closer. I actually deleted Diaftia's APL and APL2 folders and copied yours over to the flash disk. However, while no errors, still getting a hang up on the system starting notification, then a reboot. When I click on the Navigation icon, it does nothing, almost like there is no exe program?

I also realized my maps have the name tom_tom in them (the latest 2011 maps in the thread on here) but have extension fbl, that should not matter, correct?

Well, getting closer. I actually deleted Diaftia's APL and APL2 folders and copied yours over to the flash disk. However, while no errors, still getting a hang up on the system starting notification, then a reboot. When I click on the Navigation icon, it does nothing, almost like there is no exe program?

Sorry but that is totally wrong! You can't delete those two folders because no mod in this forum is complete (except the image level hack of FX3.1)!! Mods are provided only as a subset of the modified functions but the base package from iGo/Pioneer is still needed. In other words, you can mod only when there is a working version of the iGo software, let say, the baseline when you bought the AVIC. Then copy the modded files such as mine and overwrite those existing one, then copy licenses file to the right folder. With this said, most of the times, you have to have everything else in place and working before you can change mod.

I also realized my maps have the name tom_tom in them (the latest 2011 maps in the thread on here) but have extension fbl, that should not matter, correct?

No problem at all for the filenames, FBL extension is perfect and iGo searches that automatically.

So you would have to restore to something workable with both APL and APL2 before you can continue again, I believe ... unless by chance, you already have everything in place, which I doubt seriously.

Please restart from square one.

Keep me posted.

Thanks. yeah I figured, already been downloading fx3.1 for the past couple hours. I installed Abbs mod last year and haven't modded in awhile to totally forget a lot of things.

But still didn't make sense that I have AVICnet working (which was a complete flash disk delete), then tried to overlay Diaftias-didn't work, then tried to overlay yours-didn't work?

Thanks. yeah I figured, already been downloading fx3.1 for the past couple hours. I installed Abbs mod last year and haven't modded in awhile to totally forget a lot of things.

But still didn't make sense that I have AVICnet working (which was a complete flash disk delete), then tried to overlay Diaftias-didn't work, then tried to overlay yours-didn't work?

Except for the map, poi, building ans dem files, AVICnet might be a complete set. Ryar maybe he can confirm that!

Ever since I installed the update including primo, music by usb and sd are both slow and laggy when in the music menu. Outside of the music menu, it seems to run fine most of the time with occasional lag between skips. And when I am navigating, music stops after 1 play.

Are you saying that slow and laggy even when Primo is not running?