AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

If your using AVICnet is not going to work. I had the same problem until I use Fx3.1 and replace the the APL and APL2 with chuck88 APL and APL2 . For some reason I couldn't get primo working, but then I put map in it conten/map folder and it work.

Thanks, I am totally perplexed now. I deleted the entire MyFlashDisk, then reinstalled my old Disk with Chucks files embedded. Still getting the hang up.

Edited by nissanfrontier
  • Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe your having trouble with the update that chuck added to the APL folder. Try copying the IGO and PRimo folder over the one you have in your old one or over the one in FX3.1.

Thanks, I will try that.

EDIT: Didn't work. I just deleted the entire flash disk and re-installed AVICnet. Worked fine. Just not sure what my f90bt didn't like in Chuck's files.

I've tried the link to 4shared and I'm getting an error stating 'The file link that you requested is not valid'. Does anyone else have a link to it?

I'm fixing the link problem right now. :) ... should be OK in 20 minutes ...

EDITED: All done! Link works now.

Alright, I know Chuck doesn't want too much support duty here, but I am really confused why I can't get this to start. I went from ABB to AVICnet to installing this. I am not able to get the navigation to start up. It loads to the start page, I can click the contacts and music buttons, but when I click iGo, it does nothing. It also says "system starting (or loading) please wait" then reboots after a few minutes. I deleted the save and igo folders, but something isn't letting this load?

This is most of the time because missing maps, or rather frequently, you have performed a partial copy of the files from the SD card. Always check you have enough free space on "My Flash Disk" by checking "Properties" because copying, because WinCE will not give any error when there is not enough free space. It just stopped and you're ending up with an incomplete set of file.

The 5-minutes rebooting cycle is a security loop implemented by Pioneer to prevent lockup. During this time, it is waiting for EzRider.exe to respond after loading iGo was ended.

For those of you having trouble running Primo, please delete the whole folder "\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\save". It might contain invalid settings for your AVIC setup. Primo will create a brand new set of settings by start asking "Language".

Good lucks!

This is most of the time because missing maps, or rather frequently, you have performed a partial copy of the files from the SD card. Always check you have enough free space on "My Flash Disk" by checking "Properties" because copying, because WinCE will not give any error when there is not enough free space. It just stopped and you're ending up with an incomplete set of file.

The 5-minutes rebooting cycle is a security loop implemented by Pioneer to prevent lockup. During this time, it is waiting for EzRider.exe to respond after loading iGo was ended.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks I will check that tomorrow. I would be surprised of disk space issues though when I had Abb's mod installed before without issue. Then installed AVICnet without issue, and this one won't go. No biggie in long run. I will keep working on it.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks I will check that tomorrow. I would be surprised of disk space issues though when I had Abb's mod installed before without issue. Then installed AVICnet without issue, and this one won't go. No biggie in long run. I will keep working on it.

Since the map is what take the most space, should try copying the map of the state that you live in. Then copy the rest if you have enough space left.

Since the map is what take the most space, should try copying the map of the state that you live in. Then copy the rest if you have enough space left.

Yeha, I checked and had 600mb left, so I copied the PRIMO3 folder over (which still doesn't show the Primo 2 icon for me) and still had 500mb left after that. Didn't re-install Chucks mod yet to see what space I have left.

I am beginning to wonder if AVICnet adds or deletes certain files that doesn't allow allow other mods to work. I really want to try Chucks mod now, and since past versions are not avaliable, I decided to install Diaftias mod and try to transfer over to Chuck.

Using the auto installer I installed Diaftia, but still getting stuck on the "system startup" note, and an error upon first click gives me this:"FFUIERROR Unknown layer reference Identifier [ui_AdvMenu_EU]"

I installed diaftia, deleted all PRIMO folders and the APL4 folder, any other suggestions I can try to get this working. I like AVICnet, but just doesn't suit my needs and now I can't seem to rid the unit of it.

Using the auto installer I installed Diaftia, but still getting stuck on the "system startup" note, and an error upon first click gives me this:"FFUIERROR Unknown layer reference Identifier [ui_AdvMenu_EU]"

The error is saying that you're loading an EU version of the iGo software. If you're in the USA, make sure that the device is correctly selected at the beginning of the SYS.TXT file.

It is most likely that you're missing some files under the iGo\CONTENT folder and subfolders. Don't forget to copy all available license files to the iGo\LICENSE folder.