AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Adam,

Looks like most people are comfortable with YELLOW ...

I'm sorry but I don't have lot of time. If you know a bit how to edit the UI files under "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\DATA.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\*.ui", change all occurrences of "color=#f8cc28" to "color=#ff0000" to switch all YELLOW to RED.

If you want to do it selectively, you may want to look at navigate_800_480.ui and chuck88_800_480.ui.

You can use WinRAR to open DATA.zip and edit within WinRAR, then save back to DATA.zip when prompted.

Good luck!

I am willing to try to do that - would you be kind enough to post more detailed description how to do that... And once again - Thank You for the job done.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am willing to try to do that - would you be kind enough to post more detailed description how to do that... And once again - Thank You for the job done.

Adam, take a photo of the MAP screen and let me know exactly which fields you would like to change from Yellow to Red.

Chuck

Will you be able to post on the forum the steps required to make the changes Adam has requested please?I am slowly getting there but would appreciate any help in how to changecos ours and/or size of things like next turn arrows etc.I can change the size of text,co ours of text but am struggling where to find the bitmaps?for the next turn graphics.The more we can do the less we will pester youî–Thank you.

Please post a photo of your "Start Screen". I don't know which one did you mean.

The first screen you see when a 900bt is started, where you can choose between source , telephone end navigation.

when i hit navigation there i want the button fo the speed meter .

The first screen you see when a 900bt is started, where you can choose between source , telephone end navigation.

when i hit navigation there i want the button fo the speed meter .

MoNo_eGo, Extract the attached UI file with folder structure to "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" and you're good to go, not perfectly polished but it is OK for your usage, I think.

Ovalball, check on the changed UI file when comparing to the released one in v3.4 to see the single change at the end of the file. Just want to tell you that there is no easy and straight forward way to mod, you have to get used to it and have a good text editor to start with, then use your imagination to find stuff within existing UI file, then derive (or guess) out the associate BMP file.

Let's continue ...

For the above change, first I open all UI files under ui_pioneer\800_480\ui into the editor and search for all occurrences of "Destination Menu"; there are many .... pick the "right" one (!!!), then you can see one is under the state called "<state st_AdvMenu_UC>" within start.ui, and this state use layer "<uselayer ui_AdvMenuMsnd/>", then you search for layer "ui_AdvMenuMsnd", you will find the layer definition "<layer ui_AdvMenuMsnd z=30>" under the file start_800_480.ui, so you can embed "<BUTTON xxx bmp="CW_icon_speedometer.bmp#2" x=700 y=2 z=10 onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_DigiSpidometr'>" at the beginning of the layer definition for the SpeedoMeter access.

Once you get used of it, you'll be able to change anything you want.

This is the same for color: you have to search for the name of the label, possible names for time, speed, etc, then see what is in it etc.

I'm doing that all the time, and sometime it is frustrating, because there are so much code that are left-over from so many modders, and lot of them are not used! I didn't and can't finish filtering out all the unused code, still at the present time.

If you can ask specific question, I will find time to answer you without problem my friend. But I'm not ready to write a HOW TO for this matter at this time, other than lack of free time, simply because I don't know where to start.

ui_pioneer.zip

Chuck,thank you for your reply and I understand what you are saying.Sometimes it is SO frustrating when you think you have changed something,only to find it is exactly the same when you try it out.I have lost many hours doing it.That was the main reason I tried to stay off the forum for a while,my wife said I spent more time either on my PC or at my head unit than I did with her!I even offered to show her how to add your mod but for some reason she would rather go shopping!!

I HAVE 3.1 ON BY 700BT, I DON'T KNOW which files to copy and where?

can anyone help?

am I supposed to just copy "data" and sys.txt? into the igo folder? do I also copy anything else like the primo folder and where? do I delete anything? sorry but I'm kinda stuck.

Basically it is very straight forward with the zip file, with the exception to the TestMode folder, copy everything and overwrite everything in the same folder.

MAKE BACKUP before.

Hi Chuck,

First of all, I would like to thank you for all the time you have put into this. Also, Abb thank you too! I have spent so much time modding with my X910bt I feel like I know everyone on here... I have two questions... Although, I installed your latest 3.4 with Primo... but its all in French and actually a different country. My GPS is fine and it says "looking at gps... " So, I gave up on that... Mainly bcuz I am happy enough with everything you have done with IGO. My BIG IMPORTANT question is how do I set my unit so the 3D vehicle image (in my case the F22 jet!) Stays Large? It always reverts back to being a pin prick on the screen. I noticed if I hold the knob/button up on the unit a few seconds in normal or gps mode, 3d, vehicle gets zoomed in on and you can see better detail of it and looks cooler.

Ive been fiddling with the settings for zoom in min and zoom in max and it still reverts to being an itty bitty icon...

Other than that... this mod is so awesome.

Thanks again!

Burton

I have an Avic X910bt with Chuck88's iGO Nav Mod v3.4 with Primo v1.2 in a 2007 CHevy Tahoe

post-56620-0-57723100-1318617826_thumb.jpg

post-56620-0-30202900-1318617846_thumb.jpg