AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

will try all thanks guys also i wanted to mention is it possible that i need to reformat my sd card? and I did cancel the transfer once because i thought the screen froze could that be the cause? And i deleted the completed igo folder in the apl2 folder does your current mod have all the necessary files since I deleted that folder? Thanks for all the help i really appreciate it

No! Do not delete APL2. My files are only for the interface, and you still need all the reste, like maps, POI, DEM, license, etc etc.

Please make sure what you are doing before proceed. You can otherwise brick your AVIC.

The complete My Flash Disk is device-specific and it is closed to 1800 MB in size, so no one can upload that to this forum. You have to search through this forum and find a link to the external download sites or torrent.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No! Do not delete APL2. My files are only for the interface, and you still need all the reste, like maps, POI, DEM, license, etc etc.

Please make sure what you are doing before proceed. You can otherwise brick your AVIC.

The complete My Flash Disk is device-specific and it is closed to 1800 MB in size, so no one can upload that to this forum. You have to search through this forum and find a link to the external download sites or torrent.

I already deleted the apl2 folder but i believe i made a back-up on my pc so i will check it out tonight

I already deleted the apl2 folder but i believe i made a back-up on my pc so i will check it out tonight

My recommendation would be restore the APL2 folder, make sure that it works correctly by booting into the iGo8, then from there you install the new v3.3 as per the instructions of first post. Make sure that you have enough space by deleting unused maps or POI.

hello and thanks for your good work

i want to ask you if this can be used with greek words

Hi manthos16, if you are talking about the greek language, then yes, provided that you have the specific words in the mod translated. Somebody did it already for the french speaking thread post. If you are talking about the voice, you have to find one from other forum and store it under the CONTENT\voice folder, then select it from the interface.

Cheers!

Chuck88 - Huge THANKS for Your mod,

I am using it with great pleasure - it lifted Avic navigation to much higher quality level... Job done well.

I need to ask You if one change can be made to Your mod - the info in top left corner ("coming turn arrow icon" and "distance left to the turn") and maybe streets names at the bottom of the street - could those be changed to RED COLOUR - when driving, especially at evening and night, that original orange colour is very hard to see ?

That change would be a finishing touch up to the incredible valuable mod.

Thank you in advance for considering that - Adam

Chuck88 - Huge THANKS for Your mod,

I am using it with great pleasure - it lifted Avic navigation to much higher quality level... Job done well.

I need to ask You if one change can be made to Your mod - the info in top left corner ("coming turn arrow icon" and "distance left to the turn") and maybe streets names at the bottom of the street - could those be changed to RED COLOUR - when driving, especially at evening and night, that original orange colour is very hard to see ?

That change would be a finishing touch up to the incredible valuable mod.

Thank you in advance for considering that - Adam

Are you talking about the YELLOW color, but not the ORANGE color?

Chuck,great to see your continued support on the forum.I have been away for a while so it was a pleasant surprise to see a rejuvenated forum mainly thanks to you and ryar.Silly question...what is Primo??Any big advantages over what we have now?Would love to try it out but reluctant to mess with my unit again,now it is running so well.

Chuck,great to see your continued support on the forum.I have been away for a while so it was a pleasant surprise to see a rejuvenated forum mainly thanks to you and ryar.Silly question...what is Primo??Any big advantages over what we have now?Would love to try it out but reluctant to mess with my unit again,now it is running so well.

Hey ovalball, long time indeed!

Nav N Go has released iGo8, then Amigo for 2 or three years, and then Primo now at v1.2, which is more advanced then what we have now in our unit ... you got the pictures.

I will just release my v3.4 linking to Primo, which will be a complete standalone installation. So if you don't like Primo, just disable it in the Custom Settings. Primo shouldn't change anything in the current iGo installation, as I configure it, so you will not mess with your unit ...

I don't have lot of time but I believe that ryar will continue to assume the support for Primo. He is the guys who brough up this idea and has found most of the tweaks until now. Kudo to him!!! :-P

Hi Chuck,

I've started using your mod, great mod btw...... trying to get used to it after moving from diaftia mod.

I also installed the east asian language mod as per this link http://avic411.com/i...ocedure-solved/ but alas.. it doesn't seem to work. It was working before with other mods.

I just need to be able to read the song info from my ipod... and so far it only show squares..

is there somewhere in your mod that specify to only using specific ttf for ipod title display?

Thanks

Hi Chuck,

I've started using your mod, great mod btw...... trying to get used to it after moving from diaftia mod.

I also installed the east asian language mod as per this link http://avic411.com/i...ocedure-solved/ but alas.. it doesn't seem to work. It was working before with other mods.

I just need to be able to read the song info from my ipod... and so far it only show squares..

is there somewhere in your mod that specify to only using specific ttf for ipod title display?

Thanks

If it was working with Diaftia's mod, then it should work with mine. Foreign language fonts are installed into Windows folders, not the iGo folder, so their existences are completely independant.

Try to make it works with any mod, then retry with mine. I'm 100% affirmative of with this.

Let me know and good luck.

If it was working with Diaftia's mod, then it should work with mine. Foreign language fonts are installed into Windows folders, not the iGo folder, so their existences are completely independant.

Try to make it works with any mod, then retry with mine. I'm 100% affirmative of with this.

Let me know and good luck.

I tried it again this morning.. and this time it's working OK.. maybe I did something wrong (reset the unit) after doing mod or something.. I can't remember hehehe.. . Thanks again Chuck.