AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Hi Chuck.Is there an easy way to switch between Primo and Igo?Do you know if it possible to install the IGO favorites file onto the Primo so that your favorites are available through the Primo mod.Many thanks Chuck.

I tried to link the Primo's favorites, ect to iGo8 but it screwed up iGo8 and reset all default values. You could try copying some of the files with the same name from USER\UserData\iGo\SAVE to Primo\SAVE; however I am not sure that Primo and iGo8 use the same file for favorites.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Chuck.Is there an easy way to switch between Primo and Igo?

Ovalball, you know how to go from iGo to Primo, and to switch back to iGo, you can use Primo's tool to scan external program and you will find an item called "CwGoIgo8.exe": just click on it to go back to iGo.

However by doing so, all the hard keys will no longer be mapped to iGo after iGo started, just like the same issue with Primo because it has to be linked by MainMenu.exe in order to communicate together (during initial loading).

Maybe ryar will do us some magics and make the connection!

Great release Chuck thanks! Don't start talking all that retirement and getting back to my life nonsense, we need you here! :-P

Long enough here for me, even my two kids are starting to ask me why I'm always in this forum, and "chat" with people that I don't know ... not a good example for them, especially I deny their accesses to such forums! :mrgreen:

I will be wandering around though, but one thing for sure: to support Primo, you're the star now!!! :D

And if you don't mind, I suggest keeping all the discussions here from now on, so we can make all info available within one single place. :wub:

Long enough here for me, even my two kids are starting to ask me why I'm always in this forum, and "chat" with people that I don't know ... not a good example for them, especially I deny their accesses to such forums! :mrgreen:

I will be wandering around though, but one thing for sure: to support Primo, you're the star now!!! :D

And if you don't mind, I suggest keeping all the discussions here from now on, so we can make all info available within one single place. :wub:

I would prefer it if Primo discussion stays in the Primo thread. There will be future updates provided there are new developments, and there are users using other mods with Primo.

Ryar,thanks for your reply.I hope you can find time to continue to explore further improvements with Primo as I have found it to be a very exciting package.Perhaps Chuck will get bored and start to work his magic with mods to Primo?I know how time just flies when you start getting involved with mods,upgrades etc,but when the forum appeared to grind to a halt a couple of months back I really did miss itî˜So thanks Ryar for giving this place a new lease of life,long may it continue.

Adam,

Looks like most people are comfortable with YELLOW ...

I'm sorry but I don't have lot of time. If you know a bit how to edit the UI files under "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\DATA.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\*.ui", change all occurrences of "color=#f8cc28" to "color=#ff0000" to switch all YELLOW to RED.

If you want to do it selectively, you may want to look at navigate_800_480.ui and chuck88_800_480.ui.

You can use WinRAR to open DATA.zip and edit within WinRAR, then save back to DATA.zip when prompted.

Good luck!

Adam,

If you can be more specific to what text items you are referring to,I will have a go at changing them for you.

Adam,

If you can be more specific to what text items you are referring to,I will have a go at changing them for you.

ovalball,

Adam was talking about "I need to ask You if one change can be made to Your mod - the info in top left corner ("coming turn arrow icon" and "distance left to the turn") and maybe streets names at the bottom of the street - could those be changed to RED COLOUR - when driving, especially at evening and night, that original orange colour is very hard to see ?".

Glad that you have elected to help those in need and welcome to the club! :-P

Always happy to help anyone if I can,but unfortunately my knowledge is very limited.I can just about change text sizes,colours etc but I know that is only scratching the surface.I am just so glad the forum is ticking along again,I missed my fix of 411 when things ground to a halt.

In the map when you click the Km (right top corner) you get the digi speedometer.

How can i create a button in the main menu for that ?

If someone can explain me how to do that i can figure the rest out ( i think)

It is not possible to have a link in the main menu because the main menu is not part of the navigation software. Someone has to hack the MainMenu.exe so it is very unlikely you'll get help on that.

It is not possible to have a link in the main menu because the main menu is not part of the navigation software. Someone has to hack the MainMenu.exe so it is very unlikely you'll get help on that.

And in the start screen from navigation ?

instead of favorites ?