AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

You would have to do some editing in the file DATA.zip->ui_pioneer800_480uiChuck88_800_480.ui, under the ";TIME" at lines 74 and 75, change the hex value of "color=#f8cc28" to whatever value you want. Google "HEX color code" to get desired color.

You can use WinRAR to open the DATA.zip file to perform editing with NotePad, then rezip it after exiting your editor.

I'll give it a try with Dreamweaver, Thanks

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@chuck88

hello, content de te revoir sur le forum.sans trop rentrer dans les details j'ai mis ton PRIMO directement sur mon avic en supprimant le IGO8 et en renommant le Primo.exe en ezrider.exe

tout fonctionne bien....il y a juste le message 'system startup please wait ' qui ne disparait pas...au bout de 5 minutes il redemarre automatiquement...je pense qu'il y a un fichier DLL qui repere que IGO8 n'a pas demarré et redemarre automatiquement...

saurais tu quel fichier DLL gere le fameux message???

Salut bandit,

C'est justement cela que les autres chercheaient depuis longtemps mais sans solution! Il faut travailler dans l'assembleur et c'est trop long a faire. Il faut donc prendre ma mod v3.4 comme rampe de lancement du Primo, malheureusement.

Chuck.

Ehhh, this doesn't mean that I will come back for good, but just to share my works with others ... I'm truly overwhelming in my daily life to come back, so I urge your knowledgeable guys please support the newbies, and mutually, to continue the good tradition of this forum.

Thanks! :)

2012-01-19: v3.4a posted: Now with Primo 2.0 and Pioneer FW 4.0 Update!

Again, make a backup of your "\My Flash Disk" folder. Should you run into any problem because you have use other mods previously, please delete the folders "\My Flash\Disk\User\UserData\iGo" and "\My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\save" to get rid of the possible incorrect settings.

Let's make this short!

Pioneer FW update 4.0: This is not an image level update, just some DLL and EXE are updated to include minor improvements to the FW 3.00x, but Pioneer decided to flagged this update as FW 4.0, which is found in some "About" boxes of the system FW. This update is completed by copying some files over their existing FW 3.00x counterparts, and are located in the "\My Flash Disk\APL" folder and the EzRider.exe of the iGo software. Those files also include Warning or Nag messages removals by "carver", and my own Image.res inside the APL folder. This "carver" hack should also automatically start the countdown timer to launch Primo 2.0 if Primo is selected under the "Custom Settings". If you don't want this update, please do not copy the files mentioned in this paragraph.

Nuance TTS Pro 5.0: Those massive files are not included in the zip file but you can download it from ryar's "Primo for AVIC" thread and put them directly under the Primo folder to provide support for TTS Pro. The download should include the VAUTOV5.DLL and the tts_nua_v5 folder.

For those of you who prefer my Mod rather than Primo: Please note that the interface color of the background of the all menu can is selectable under the "Custom Settings" menu. I put the green as the default rather than chrome because this match the interior of my car.

There are a couple of gimmicks when using Primo, and I believe that ryar and other are working hard to resolve them, below:

1. To have guidance voice and sound within Primo, you have to play music from SD, iPod/iPhone or USB. Radio is not enough to have sound!
  2. After or when running Primo, if the SD card is removed from the slot, it might trigger a reboot!
  3. From time to time, you might see a "Fatal Application Error" message just before launching Primo (KeyScan.exe or Button.exe), but just tape on "OK" or ignore it, Primo will run just fine.
  4. Next/Previous songs command (knob) not working within Primo.
  5. Read "Couple of precisions" of my previous release below:

As always, enjoy!

Alright, I know Chuck doesn't want too much support duty here, but I am really confused why I can't get this to start. I went from ABB to AVICnet to installing this. I am not able to get the navigation to start up. It loads to the start page, I can click the contacts and music buttons, but when I click iGo, it does nothing. It also says "system starting (or loading) please wait" then reboots after a few minutes. I deleted the save and igo folders, but something isn't letting this load?

Alright, I know Chuck doesn't want too much support duty here, but I am really confused why I can't get this to start. I went from ABB to AVICnet to installing this. I am not able to get the navigation to start up. It loads to the start page, I can click the contacts and music buttons, but when I click iGo, it does nothing. It also says "system starting (or loading) please wait" then reboots after a few minutes. I deleted the save and igo folders, but something isn't letting this load?

If your using AVICnet is not going to work. I had the same problem until I use Fx3.1 and replace the the APL and APL2 with chuck88 APL and APL2 . For some reason I couldn't get primo working, but then I put map in it conten/map folder and it work.