AVIC411.com

another f900bt reboot problem

i have a pioneer f900bt that out of no where rebooted itself one day and has stayed rebooting on the initial pioneer screen, already tried to reinstall the software and will let me get into test mode and make changes, but after all still does the same. can it be the processor or something else. why would it do that out of no where.

It would really help if you told us everything that you have done to it. Did you update it to V3.0? What firmware did you use? What mods do you have installed? The reason that this is important is that this is a software issue, and that is the area that has to be looked at.

how did you reinstall the software? the FX 3.1 firmware or from one of your backups?

back in march i updated to 3.0 from the update put on this site then about 2 weeks ago it started rebooting out of no where. so what i did was get the FX 3.1 from this forum and install that since that was the latest upgrade. i know i was doing it right because ive done it before and worked. but this time after three time trying and downloading the FX 3.1 file twice and reinstalling the two different downloads all it did was turn on stay on the pioneer screen for about 30 sec to a min then just restart. i followed the steps form the FX 3.1 update but after not working i looked around to see if other were having the same problem. from what i found it was a common issue and people suggested to format the hard drive and just install everything fresh after doing that 2 more time it did the same as what it was doing turn on try to boot for like 30 sec then reboot. i hope i was clear enough. im wondering if maybe the files corrupt or theres something different the f900bt need as far as files go. oh and by the way i dont have a back up of the original f900bt files

gleal17 how far into the FX3.1 install do you get?

i did this

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice option

i get to select my language then and voice then restarts like if it were trying to start stays on pioneer screen then just reboots and keeps doing it. so i can get through everything but like i said maybe the files are corrupt.

gleal17 how far into the FX3.1 install do you get?

i did this

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice option

i get to select my language then and voice then restarts like if it were trying to start stays on pioneer screen then just reboots and keeps doing it. so i can get through everything but like i said maybe the files are corrupt.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...