AVIC411.com

"Floating" character on Map view of AVIC-Z1?

To answer your question vss for a 2000 pathfinder is the same as an 02

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... merry+xmas

second page my first post on that page.

merry xmas

Thanks for the tip cntrylvr79, vss is up and pulsing. However, do you have any more info on the reverse sensor wire? I didn't see any light yellow and the yellow that I did see seemed to go back into the cruise control unit. That can't be right, can it?

vss is up and pulsing.

So does that mean that your icon on the map is not floating around when standing still? I don't have any info for the reverse wire except that I tapped mine off the actual power going to a reverse light bulb. I'm betting I could have found something in the dash, but I was running power and video cables back there for the camera anyway, I just ran the reverse sense wire to the bulb itself.

So does that mean that your icon on the map is not floating around when standing still? I don't have any info for the reverse wire except that I tapped mine off the actual power going to a reverse light bulb. I'm betting I could have found something in the dash, but I was running power and video cables back there for the camera anyway, I just ran the reverse sense wire to the bulb itself.

It wasn't me that was having the floating icon, it was fcapizzo :) . I may do that anyway, since I'll have to run the power and video cables for the camera back there as well. I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone while I was doing the vss. I'm still looking/pondering for a rear camera. I'm leaning towards a license plate one, since it'll be easier to install "cleanly".

"Last" project: Disassemble an Xbox, replace the hard drive, hide the Xbox somewhere (under the seat or something) and connect it to the AVIC. Camping will never be the same! :D

Yah, sorry, got confused....

"Last" project: Disassemble an Xbox, replace the hard drive, hide the Xbox somewhere (under the seat or something) and connect it to the AVIC. Camping will never be the same! :D

I wanted to do that... There was talk about replacing the stock AC/DC power supply with a smaller and more useful DC/DC power supply so that it would be more "install in the car" friendly. That would be a sweet setup. I have been meaning to do that, but never got around to it. I don't even know if they ever did come out with a DC replacement power supply for the xbox.

With a big enough hard drive you could have 50 games and 50 movies on there at your fingertips. What a way to camp! :)

50? only 50 and 50. hehehe, I had a very large website dedicated to xbox stuff and you can do so much more with an xbox then most people think. put a media center on there so that you can store your movie, and games and music and and and... it goes on and on. you can have safely 250 gigs, after that things start to get funny with corruption. you can have larger though. I personally have over 500 games and dozens of movies that goes back and forth from my pc to xbox, and when you stream its even more. they make power supplies that will just plug right in so you dont have to do an dc/ac/dc conversion.

50? only 50 and 50.

It was just a random number I pulled out that you can easily stick on there. I have lost count of the stuff I have for the original xbox. Actually my "stuff" for the 360 is rapidly growing as well ;)

hehehe, I had a very large website dedicated to xbox stuff and you can do so much more with an xbox then most people think. put a media center on there so that you can store your movie, and games and music and and and... it goes on and on.

Yah, I love that program. Most people are amazed at it, especially 2.01 or whatever it's up to these days... very nice. And if you get the "fat" builds there are lots of nifty add ons which are slick.

you can have safely 250 gigs, after that things start to get funny with corruption. you can have larger though.

I've had a 400G in the 2 of mine for at least a year or so, back when the 400g was the absolutely biggest hard drive you could buy (at a way exorbitant price). Isn't the new code for the X3 chips a fix for that problem? I thought that used to be an issue but I thought it was fixed some how, but I don't remember how.

I personally have over 500 games and dozens of movies that goes back and forth from my pc to xbox, and when you stream its even more. they make power supplies that will just plug right in so you dont have to do an dc/ac/dc conversion.

Where? I do remember that somewhere, but I haven't seen anything lately and that would be a great idea. I have been wanting to do this as well but the Dc to Ac to Dc seems silly.

Either that or I'm going to mount my Wii in the truck. Nothing like swinging that controller around wildly while driving ;)

I forget where, but bet jamco or similar has something. its a standard pc power supply, just check the pin outs if it concerns you.

I know you pulled that number cuz it was easy, I just mentioned that its nearly endless what you can do with the first xbox. I got two meritline cases that hold 250 disks each full and i still have to find space for 40+ more. I dont see a need anymore to store nearly 2 terabytes of xbox games.

The x3 didnt and really cant fix the issue with larger drives. Its something with lba, in fact there has been bios's released to correct the problem and they still come up short. really the only way you can put a drive larger then 250 gigs (I hope yours is this way) is that you dont set any partition to be larger then 250 gigs, that means, you go on to having a g drive and even an h if necessary, but it would probably be better to go and set up drives for certain types of games such as "sports" and "rpg" and so on, then you could separate the 2 or more drives easily. The reason people dont see a problem is because they rarely actually get the entire partition full, meaning if you only used 240 gigs of a 300 and something gig partition you wont see a problem.

The x3 didnt and really cant fix the issue with larger drives. Its something with lba, in fact there has been bios's released to correct the problem and they still come up short. really the only way you can put a drive larger then 250 gigs (I hope yours is this way) is that you dont set any partition to be larger then 250 gigs, that means, you go on to having a g drive and even an h if necessary, but it would probably be better to go and set up drives for certain types of games such as "sports" and "rpg" and so on, then you could separate the 2 or more drives easily.

Nope, one big F drive. I thought I saw something about that being fixed which is why I upgraded mine. Been using them very extensively for at least a year with no issues. Maybe I'm lucky.

The reason people dont see a problem is because they rarely actually get the entire partition full, meaning if you only used 240 gigs of a 300 and something gig partition you wont see a problem.

I don't know how full it is but it's at least 200-300 gigs full, maybe I won't have a problem till I fill it.