AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

There are no 3D cars in my mods. For me its somewhat cartoonish and resource intensive so I don't do it.

Actually, that is incorrect! The only thing that is resource intensive is the present files that are loaded and that are in the background. All the 3D cars feature is, is the ability to change vehicles and their sizes on a dime. The folders and the UI for the 3D images are NOT in the Data.zip, they are in an external folder so that it will not affect resources. I got about 2-3 cars that I choose between when I get bored with the one that I am using :) I have found that it is the image sizes that affects resources. When I first did the V3, my mod was at 25.7 mb. It was slow loading, it would hang, and even freeze on the rare occasion. I reduced ALL images down to the point where it finally was 19.1 mb in my V4 and it is now very responsive, and it is rock solid. I have added a tonne of new images to my V5 but this only brought my final size up to 19.7 mb, which is good for the amount that was added and it is still responsive as can be as well as 100% stable.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very much for your information. All fixed and working. My problem was in the sys.txt file not set correctly for the device. Thanks again.

I will add some setup directions to the installation procedures. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Actually, that is incorrect! The only thing that is resource intensive is the present files that are loaded and that are in the background. All the 3D cars feature is, is the ability to change vehicles and their sizes on a dime. The folders and the UI for the 3D images are NOT in the Data.zip, they are in an external folder so that it will not affect resources. I got about 2-3 cars that I choose between when I get bored with the one that I am using :) I have found that it is the image sizes that affects resources. When I first did the V3, my mod was at 25.7 mb. It was slow loading, it would hang, and even freeze on the rare occasion. I reduced ALL images down to the point where it finally was 19.1 mb in my V4 and it is now very responsive, and it is rock solid. I have added a tonne of new images to my V5 but this only brought my final size up to 19.7 mb, which is good for the amount that was added and it is still responsive as can be as well as 100% stable.

Ugh, I will look at it. I just havent seen a huge demand for it. Maybe I will start a poll to get some voting in on it. For some reason I am resistant to it but maybe I shouldn't be. I just know that it adds files and directories and can complicate things when people are copying files to an already somewhat full flash disk.

I hear you. I was pretty proud of myself that I got my current mods down to 15.7. Even with the 3MB worth of images that are required for the new menu (one large file for the menu icons and one small file for when you are picking a new button to replace an existing one). They cant be compressed either because they dont render after that. I made them 16bit which helped a lot.

Because I was using other mod, I have a nissan car in my 3d view :oops: How can I change it to the 3d arrow after the installation of your V3.0 hybrid mod?

Great work! Thanks!

Oh, you still have another car after switching to my mods? Did you delete the save files before restarting after copying over my mods?

Oh, you still have another car after switching to my mods? Did you delete the save files before restarting after copying over my mods?

Yes, all my user files were deleted. Maybe if I just delete the folder containing the 3d cars does the job... :unsure:

Yes, all my user files were deleted. Maybe if I just delete the folder containing the 3d cars does the job... :unsure:

Did you replace the sys.txt with the one from my mods? If not you might want to go in and see what your 3d car settings are. Otherwise you can try renaming that folder on your AVIC to make sure that there is not a file that it wont have and might need and refuse to load. If it does fix it then go back in and delete it. Don't want to make it so that your unit doesn't load due to a missing file.

Hey Alex,

nice work on first sight!

Still had no chance to test it in detail or while driving, but the first impressions while playing with the new settings in the garage are great!

Especially the function for editing the menu is great (saves me a lot of work, because I've already displaced different images / functions in the menu of V2.3)!

But:

First thing I detected was, that your testmode was not working with my unit!?

First after overwriting your testmode folder with my old one, everything worked fine (except the script to delete the saved files)!!

But yes, I deleted my saved files and I've edited the sys.txt before.

One hint if not already done: make the script keep the favorites and history files, so we don't have to edit qur favorites again!!

What I was wondering already in V2.3: why did you choose two viewings of images for muting?

The muting button is already visibly crossed out, so why do we need another image in the upper left corner?

Hey Alex,

nice work on first sight!

Still had no chance to test it in detail or while driving, but the first impressions while playing with the new settings in the garage are great!

Especially the function for editing the menu is great (saves me a lot of work, because I've already displaced different images / functions in the menu of V2.3)!

Thanks! :)

But:

First thing I detected was, that your testmode was not working with my unit!?

First after overwriting your testmode folder with my old one, everything worked fine (except the script to delete the saved files)!!

But yes, I deleted my saved files and I've edited the sys.txt before.

Funny... you are the first person that I have heard this from. Did something change while I was gone in the last year with testmode? I have not updated anything from 1 year ago so if something change I might have missed it.

One hint if not already done: make the script keep the favorites and history files, so we don't have to edit qur favorites again!!

This can get ugly as I am not much of a mortscripter. The easy way might be for me to move the favorites.dat file out, remove all of the files and then move it back. I'll look into it.

What I was wondering already in V2.3: why did you choose two viewings of images for muting?

The muting button is already visibly crossed out, so why do we need another image in the upper left corner?

Just easily viewable. With the default mute its not as big a deal now. I can probably ditch it. The unit still does unmute itself after you get a phone call but I am not aware of a way to change that since its a Pioneer thing that unmutes it.

Alex,

First off, GREAT WORK! I had been using v2.3 for a while and am very impressed by all the new features, particularly how smooth the quick menu and overall design is.

Something I wanted to point out...I was using my iPod today and noticed that when you bring up the "artists" tab and attempt to jump to a specific letter of the alphabet to the right of the screen, it was not working. For example, you are at the artists screen and want to go to "Led Zeppelin" and go to "L" and then touch the "L" it does not bring you there. I am not sure if it was something buggy on my iPod or I was doing something wrong, but I figured I'd mention it and see if anyone else is having similar issues.

With regards to the 3dcars topic, this is essential for me. I spent a lot of time last night trying to put in misterblues 3dcars and abbs but could not get it to work. Abb1, could you give detailed instructions on how to add 3dcars to this mod?? Links to specific files would be extremely helpful since there is really no one topic on the forum devoted solely to a 3dcars folder that can be added and manually manipulated universally in different mods. I have used it previously with no problem, but for some reason last night spent hours tweaking the sys.txt and data.zip files as previously mentioned in threads by Abb1 and others, but could not figure it out. I was trying to use the "ldblack" vehicle from one of misterblues recent threads and am completely dumbfounded by this. Like I said, I have done it in the past no problem and no where/how to add the 3dcars folder and edit the files, but I was curious as if this will even work with this v3.0 mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex,

First off, GREAT WORK! I had been using v2.3 for a while and am very impressed by all the new features, particularly how smooth the quick menu and overall design is.

Something I wanted to point out...I was using my iPod today and noticed that when you bring up the "artists" tab and attempt to jump to a specific letter of the alphabet to the right of the screen, it was not working. For example, you are at the artists screen and want to go to "Led Zeppelin" and go to "L" and then touch the "L" it does not bring you there. I am not sure if it was something buggy on my iPod or I was doing something wrong, but I figured I'd mention it and see if anyone else is having similar issues.

With regards to the 3dcars topic, this is essential for me. I spent a lot of time last night trying to put in misterblues 3dcars and abbs but could not get it to work. Abb1, could you give detailed instructions on how to add 3dcars to this mod?? Links to specific files would be extremely helpful since there is really no one topic on the forum devoted solely to a 3dcars folder that can be added and manually manipulated universally in different mods. I have used it previously with no problem, but for some reason last night spent hours tweaking the sys.txt and data.zip files as previously mentioned in threads by Abb1 and others, but could not figure it out. I was trying to use the "ldblack" vehicle from one of misterblues recent threads and am completely dumbfounded by this. Like I said, I have done it in the past no problem and no where/how to add the 3dcars folder and edit the files, but I was curious as if this will even work with this v3.0 mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With regards to the iPod interface. We modders cannot change that functionality at all. All that can be changed are the images for it. You will notice that with abb1's mods that all of the buttons are in the same place. All he changed was the look of them. Skinning if you will. Its part of the pioneer code that is hard coded and not changeable. If you had a problem it was not due to my mods and something I might take up in the troubleshooting forum.

As far as the 3D cars topic goes I have not looked at it at all. I have no idea what is even involved. Sounds like it might be something I need to look into. I will get 3.1 out that has some minor bug fixes and then use 3.2 to release 3dcars. It might take some time to figure out and add it into the interface but I will look at it.

I figured the iPod occurence had nothing to do with the mod, I will have to look into that further to figure out why that happened.

I got 3DCars to work. I think my error was in the unzipping/zipping of the data.zip. I know, rookie mistake. Heres some detailed instructions on how to add 3DCars to Diaftia v3.0 using the files in the download link provided (or at least how it worked for me). If it seems like I'm ommitting certain steps that have been mentioned for 3DCars in the past, that's because I am. These steps are assuming you download and use the files in the download link provided combined with a unit running Diaftia v3.0:

1. Download and extract provided zip from link below. Inside you will see a folder "3DCars" and 2 files, "data.zip" and "sys.txt." Copy "3DCars" folder to SD card and paste entire folder as is in myflashdisk-->apl2-->igo on device

2. I included the exact data.zip and sys.txt files that I used on my unit, which is for the "LDBlack" vehicle (looks like a black suv). If you want that same 3D vehicle and are running Diaftia v3.0, or just don't feel like doing any more work, then you're in luck. Just replace these 2 files to the same location as above (the igo folder on your device) with the data and sys files already there and you're done.

3. If you want a different vehicle, you'll have to edit the sys.txt and data.zip files accordingly:

a) First, the sys.txt - open my sys.txt file and edit "LDBlack.mdl" to whatever you want in the 4 rows that look like this:

[3d]

car_day=LDBlack.mdl

car_night=LDBlack.mdl

ghost_day=LDBlack.mdl

ghost_night=LDBlack.mdl

*Inside the bmp folder within the included 3DCars folder, you can view images of the different vehicles to help you decide

-then copy this new sys.txt folder to igo folder on your device

B) Next, the data.zip - unzip mine and in the "gfx" folder replace the 2 files "LDBlack.mdl" and "LDBlack.tex" with the .mdl and .tex files of whatever vehicle you choose. You simply copy (not cut!) the two files from the 3DCars folder and paste in gfx. You then re-zip and place your new data.zip in the igo folder on your device. That's it. Not very complicated or difficult.

- For some reason, I was running into problems re-zipping my data file and the discussion is probably not approprate here. I will say that my final working data file was re-zipped using WinRar 3.93, default settings except changed "update mode" tab to "ask before overwriting." I don't want to diverge on that, but thats what worked for me (and trust me, many other ways didn't)

NOTE: these instructions only apply to Diaftia v3.0. The 3DCars folder included is from abb1 4.0, I take no credit for that, I just simply pulled that folder and put it in this download. The sys.txt and data.zip files were originally from Diaftia v3.0 and were very simply modified to those in this download link. The only modifications I made to Diaftia's original 2 files pertain to the 3DCars, specifically the LDBlack vehicle. My intention was to organize a simple 3DCars add-on resource specific to Diaftia v3.0. Hope this helps anyone interested.

http://www.4shared.com/file/pQZfxEaF/3DCars_Add-On_to_Diaftia_v3.html

I have just installed the mod on my euro 700 and am very happy!

Two things:

- The highway signs have a different color blue in europe than currently in the mod, check the image for reference.

- Is there an option to remove the bluetooth and gps icons form the nav screen?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

post-23118-078075900 1292507447_thumb.jpeg

I figured the iPod occurence had nothing to do with the mod, I will have to look into that further to figure out why that happened.

I got 3DCars to work. I think my error was in the unzipping/zipping of the data.zip. I know, rookie mistake. Heres some detailed instructions on how to add 3DCars to Diaftia v3.0 using the files in the download link provided (or at least how it worked for me). If it seems like I'm ommitting certain steps that have been mentioned for 3DCars in the past, that's because I am. These steps are assuming you download and use the files in the download link provided combined with a unit running Diaftia v3.0:

1. Download and extract provided zip from link below. Inside you will see a folder "3DCars" and 2 files, "data.zip" and "sys.txt." Copy "3DCars" folder to SD card and paste entire folder as is in myflashdisk-->apl2-->igo on device

2. I included the exact data.zip and sys.txt files that I used on my unit, which is for the "LDBlack" vehicle (looks like a black suv). If you want that same 3D vehicle and are running Diaftia v3.0, or just don't feel like doing any more work, then you're in luck. Just replace these 2 files to the same location as above (the igo folder on your device) with the data and sys files already there and you're done.

3. If you want a different vehicle, you'll have to edit the sys.txt and data.zip files accordingly:

a) First, the sys.txt - open my sys.txt file and edit "LDBlack.mdl" to whatever you want in the 4 rows that look like this:

[3d]

car_day=LDBlack.mdl

car_night=LDBlack.mdl

ghost_day=LDBlack.mdl

ghost_night=LDBlack.mdl

*Inside the bmp folder within the included 3DCars folder, you can view images of the different vehicles to help you decide

-then copy this new sys.txt folder to igo folder on your device

B) Next, the data.zip - unzip mine and in the "gfx" folder replace the 2 files "LDBlack.mdl" and "LDBlack.tex" with the .mdl and .tex files of whatever vehicle you choose. You simply copy (not cut!) the two files from the 3DCars folder and paste in gfx. You then re-zip and place your new data.zip in the igo folder on your device. That's it. Not very complicated or difficult.

- For some reason, I was running into problems re-zipping my data file and the discussion is probably not approprate here. I will say that my final working data file was re-zipped using WinRar 3.93, default settings except changed "update mode" tab to "ask before overwriting." I don't want to diverge on that, but thats what worked for me (and trust me, many other ways didn't)

NOTE: these instructions only apply to Diaftia v3.0. The 3DCars folder included is from abb1 4.0, I take no credit for that, I just simply pulled that folder and put it in this download. The sys.txt and data.zip files were originally from Diaftia v3.0 and were very simply modified to those in this download link. The only modifications I made to Diaftia's original 2 files pertain to the 3DCars, specifically the LDBlack vehicle. My intention was to organize a simple 3DCars add-on resource specific to Diaftia v3.0. Hope this helps anyone interested.

http://www.4shared.com/file/pQZfxEaF/3DCars_Add-On_to_Diaftia_v3.html

Thanks! I will look into this. Appreciate the detailed directions. I know in the past there has been the ability to be able to choose cars/images too so that you dont have to edit the sys.txt. I will see what is involved in making that happen as well.

I have just installed the mod on my euro 700 and am very happy!

Two things:

- The highway signs have a different color blue in europe than currently in the mod, check the image for reference.

- Is there an option to remove the bluetooth and gps icons form the nav screen?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

post-23118-078075900 1292507447_thumb.jpeg

1. I will look at the sign color. I had them that blue before but they were way too vibrant on the Nav screen. If all of you EU/UK users prefer I can make them more blue. In the past I used PS to color pick that color and got the hex value. I can make it exact its just really bright.

2. Not currently. I will add that into the next release.