AVIC411.com

just got off phone with Pioneer . . .

Apparently, if you have a "mapping" problem, it's not Pioneer's problem, but "TeleAtlas" problem, so phone them.

Tele-Atlas is now TomTom.

No sign of support numbers for Pioneer products.

If you have a problem with a rebate, it's not Pioneer's problem, but the rebate companies.

If you have a problem with the Bluetooth implementation, it's either an Apple, Android, Blackberry or Nokia problem.

Has anyone ever considered class-action against Pioneer? It's amazing they can operate in the United States and get away with this crap.

Basically, the main question is: how do you contact someone about the mapping software and actually get an answer?

Does anyone have a contact number, or been through this before? If you can't find someone to file a suggestion or complaint with,

it's not likely they'll ever have to fix the problem.

But in the meantime, there they are at CES, releasing "great, new products"

arggghh

What do you want to find out from Tele Atlas?

http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php

It looks like TomTom has made the original teleatlas sight difficult to use. the tackover must have been recent. it was simple a few months ago.

I wanted to talk to them about software updates, and why it takes Tele Atlas 2.2 extra miles to drive to my house than ANY other navigation system, including my freakin' phone.

But Pioneer's attitude is that nothing is there fault, it's always one of their "contractors".

But I agree, it looks as if contact is next to impossible.

Oh well, at least the 920 was cheap

why it takes Tele Atlas 2.2 extra miles to drive to my house than ANY other navigation system, including my freakin' phone.

in the end, does it get you there even if it takes a couple of extra miles?

the point of navigation isn't to use it to take you somewhere that you all ready know how to get there, it is to get you to somewhere that you dont know how to get to, some GPS's will plan better routes than others, that is why some are better than others.

would you also prefer that pioneer spent tons of more money to develope there own mapping, bluetooth, and other software, and then have to double the price of their units to stay in buisness. no its much better to have another company spend their resources doing what they do best, to make these units as cheap as possible, if you dont like their products, then find one that you do.

Has anyone ever considered class-action against Pioneer? It's amazing they can operate in the United States and get away with this crap

do you know the ONLY group that ever comes out anywhere even near "ahead" in a class action? the lawyers.

Suing a manufacturer because they made a POS is a waste of everyone's time, the answer is to be active in your community, praise the folks that do it right, and avoid those that do it wrong.

Hmm I don't know that I would sue them. Pioneer should man up and take some responsibility. It is there unit. They do not check them out before they release them? I do agree with the dude that said gps is to take you to a place you dont know. Well how can you trust it if it cant even get you to a place you do know? That is the first thing I check when I get a new unit. Any time I go to my brothers or sisters or moms house I type in their address to se how accurate the system actually is. Then I know what kind of error to expect when going to a place I have not been too. A block or 2 not bad. Being off by 2 miles. . . no good.

in the end, does it get you there even if it takes a couple of extra miles?

the point of navigation isn't to use it to take you somewhere that you all ready know how to get there, it is to get you to somewhere that you dont know how to get to, some GPS's will plan better routes than others, that is why some are better than others.

would you also prefer that pioneer spent tons of more money to develope there own mapping, bluetooth, and other software, and then have to double the price of their units to stay in buisness. no its much better to have another company spend their resources doing what they do best, to make these units as cheap as possible, if you dont like their products, then find one that you do.

on the whole, for the price I paid, I like the product, which I've stated here more than most. However, when four independant systems (2001 Nissan - Garmin - 2010 Volkswagen and Android phone) all find the same, efficient route, then I feel that Pioneer needs to be made aware that their product needs work. And as far as finding places I "haven't" been, it makes me wonder if I can trust the Pioneer to do that. Since Tom Tom owns Tele-Atlas now, and Tom Tom mapping can also find the correct route to my house, then maybe we'll get lucky with a future update.

Ya gotta voice your displeasure, cause' that's how products get improved.

do you know the ONLY group that ever comes out anywhere even near "ahead" in a class action? the lawyers.

Suing a manufacturer because they made a POS is a waste of everyone's time, the answer is to be active in your community, praise the folks that do it right, and avoid those that do it wrong.

can't disagree with you on the fact that the legal community gains the most from large lawsuits, however, because of a class-action suit against Nvidia, I have had my laptop motherboard replaced, free of charge.

If you do decide to avoid those that do it wrong, it sure doesn't hurt to tell them why you're leaving them behind.

Alot of people have had Bluetooth problems with this unit - surprisingly, I haven't.

But since the unit is advertised as a 'navigation' unit, then the navigator should be better.