AVIC411.com

New Install - AVIC411 Checklist

Hi All,

This is my first post, I’ve been lurking and reading for quite some time and I wanted to say thanks for all the info and great site. If I hadn’t found the site I probably wouldn’t have bought the z1 and definitely would not have known about the bypasses and other tidbits of knowledge.

I bought the AVIC-Z1, Bluetooth, backup camera and Sirius options, all from Crutchfield. I have a 07 F150 Supercrew. Got the 15% off deal, about $2k for everything.

I’m having it installed and want to make sure that the installer knows what I’m expecting up front and that he is able to do what I want before we get started. So far I compiled the following list of things I need them to do, let me know if I’m forgetting anything or off base on any of them.

Obviously, I want the z1 and all options installed properly, additionally:

07/06 Bypass (z1 has 12/06 mfg date)

I’m assuming the blue tooth update will already be installed

Steering wheel controls working

Subwoofer thump (install regulators if necessary)

Mute on backup beepers, blue tooth

Mic installed at the top of the A pillar

I have factory Sirius currently, can I use the existing Sirius antenna on the roof?

Is $350 about right for the install?

What am I forgetting?

THANKS!

Pat

I have factory Sirius currently, can I use the existing Sirius antenna on the roof?

I have/had a Sirius Sportster. I just installed the Sirius tuner (I haven't activated it yet) and used the old antenna. Seems to pick up the signal, no prob. The connection is identical.

well for the bypass, you may just want to ensure the bluetooth fix is installed. because once its installed the bypass functions differently for older units. but you sound like your on the right track

That's only for units made before July. His is a December unit so the bluetooth update is most likely already on there (so he won't need to install it) and post July units the bypass doesn't change with the bluetooth cd. And the $350 for all that doesn't seem so out of whack. I hope your factory antenna has the same connection, if so it might work. Let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
And the $350 for all that doesn't seem so out of whack. I hope your factory antenna has the same connection, if so it might work. Let us know how it goes.

Finally got it in and I'm quite impressed. They were able to use my existing factory Sirius antenna. They installed the steering wheel controls as well, so $80 of the price was that. No problem with the subwoofer thump, so nothing needed there.

The 07/06 Bypass is working fine, I had to stop playing with it on the way home, it's a bit distracting.

In the two phone calls I made, both people had the echo problem. The installer had the volume cranked up, I turned it down some, so I'll have to experiment a bit with it. The mic is at the top of the A pillar.

All in all they did a really nice, professional install job. May be a bit pricey as compared to some of the other install prices I've seen on the board. But I'm happy and thats all that counts, right?

Thanks again to you and the board for all the information!!