AVIC411.com

is there any mods or ways to hack dvd regions?

[quote name="pho1982"]i have a lot of dvds which are not regional coded 1.
is there any way to hack it and make it free region player?[/quote]

It's probably easier to just make region free dvd's. I did and it plays mine. Most any program like dvd decrypter or dvd fab decrypter and then dvd shrink will remove all region encoding, then it will play it.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="pho1982"]i have a lot of dvds which are not regional coded 1.
is there any way to hack it and make it free region player?[/quote]

It's probably easier to just make region free dvd's. I did and it plays mine. Most any program like dvd decrypter or dvd fab decrypter and then dvd shrink will remove all region encoding, then it will play it.[/quote]

u meant make dvd discs to region free?
so then what is decrypter? and the term "shrink"?
i'll appreciate your help!
[quote name="pho1982"]u meant make dvd discs to region free?
so then what is decrypter? and the term "shrink"?
i'll appreciate your help![/quote]

You stick the original DVD into your PC, with a dvd burner and "decrypt it" with a program DVD decrypter. Gets rid of copy protection, macrovision and I think the region too.

Then the problem is some dvd's are up to 9 gigs (dual layer dvd's) and most people can only burn single layer 4.5 gig dvds. I get single layer DVD's for $0.35 or so for Ritek (best disks, I buy mine from [url=http://www.shop4tech.com]www.shop4tech.com[/url]). So you need DVD shrink to shrink a 9 gig dvd to fit on a 4.5 gig dvd. I ususally take out all the forign languages and drop the quality of the special features, and the main movie usually is decreased in quality to about 60%-70% wich you won't notice.

This guy has a tutorial
[url=http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/]http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/[/url]

Or what is even better, for the car, I take my DVD's and decrypt them and then use dvd shrink to pull out only the movie, so when i put them in my car, I don't have to go through all sorts of previews or menus or anything. It just plays the movie.

But either decrypter or dvd shrink will remove the region encoding from your new disk, so the one you will burn will be region free and should play in any disk.

I have done this for some friends who get disks from other parts of the world, I run them through this process and give them their original disk and a copy which will now play in any american dvd player.
DVD-9's are also dropping in price, I just picked up a spindle. I'm curious to see if the Z1 will read the second layer...I'll report back. On a side note if you do have a dvd burner I'd recommend Roxio's latest creator software...the audio-dvd function works great.
[quote name="edrock200"]I'm curious to see if the Z1 will read the second layer...I'll report back.[/quote] They should be able to read it. I haven't tried DL DVD-Video but I did update my N2 to the CNDV-60MT software using a Memorex DL DVD+R. I'm thinking, if the N2 can do it...the Z1 can probably do it too.