AVIC411.com

SOLVED!! *** How to TOTALLY blank the AVIC screen

Hi Chuck88:

Can I get directions how to put this in mu mod?

Thanks

Jimbo

Pretty simple: just unzip the file and put it under iGo\Extension, then link a button with the following command:

onrelease='START_APPLICATION "Extension\ScreenOff.exe" ""'

• 4 weeks later...

If I would use the ScreenOff.exe, how do I start the screen back up again? Is the ScreenOn script still needed?

Just tape on the screen and it will go back on ... feature integrated in ScreenOff.exe.

My MOD "Chuck88 v2.80g" has this feature embedded, so just install it and try it!

Thanks Chuck! I am currently running Diaftia's mod, I'm going to try and modify one of the buttons in the QuickMenu. Nice first mod to do on my own ;)

Would you happen to know if it's possible to use one of the external wires as input to run a script? For example the handbrake or reverse gear signal. I guess not, since that's in the Pioneer software and not in iGo?

Would you happen to know if it's possible to use one of the external wires as input to run a script? For example the handbrake or reverse gear signal. I guess not, since that's in the Pioneer software and not in iGo?

No, we don't have access to the AVIC hardware! Only to the iGo NAV section of the code. <_<

You can just create a button to do the trick!

Ah thought so. I can dim 95% of my dashboard lights with a single button, very nice for nightly drives. It's a Saab feature. Would be cool if it would dim the unit too.

But as long as the backlight is off and the screen is black, I am happy.

@Diaftia: is menu.ui the code for the quickmenu on the map in your mod?

Of course! It's a feature most Saabs have, called Night Panel or Black Panel on older models. It shuts down every light/function/button that is not vital for driving. Basically it only leaves the speedometer lit up. Very nice for nightly drives, except that the Pioneer head unit doesn't respond to it of course, leaving my interior lit. I can tap into a signal with different voltage within this state. If I could trigger the ScreenOff.exe with such a signal, I could black out the screen when I use the Night Panel function.

Hope this makes sense. If not, here's a little paragraph on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_900_%28NG%29#Black_Panel

Thanks. So you can do it now, just with one more click away! :mrgreen:

By no mean I want you to convert from Diaftia's mod, but just so you will know that in my mod, I have implemented an "Opacity Layer" that is user-controllable in realtime, so you can adjust the intensity of the AVIC LCD display. This way you will be able to dim the head unit from 0 to 60 (barely visible), but still see the navigation details.

My version 3.0 is under its way ...

Enjoy all mods! :razz: