AVIC411.com

SOLVED!! *** How to TOTALLY blank the AVIC screen

There is a function "SCREEN OFF" under the SYSTEM SETTINGS of the AVIC that can be used to blank totally the AVIC screen, by turning OFF even the backlight of the LCD.

Any one know what is the system function to call from the iGo UI script?

All I can do at this time is to put a BLACK opaque layer on top of everything, but the backlight is still there.

Let say if you want to shutoff the display by displaying the black layer at night (you want to be low-profile sometime), the LCD is still lited by the backlight inside the car.

Any hint would be appreciated.

:grin:

Hold down the home button.

On my X710BT, I have only the MENU and MAP buttons. Holding the MAP button will allow you to change the brightness level. Are you talking about the MENU button?

Is there any UI function that I can call within the iGo NAV scripts, such as those EXEC "XXXXX" "XXX" commands?

Thanks.

The scripting for the Main/AV section of the Avic is hardcoded into the machine. We can only access the coding in the NAV section. We were able to get some parts of the Main code such as the phone, and AV hide functions, but that is only because there are remnants of the original code in the 'navigatemap.ui' file. I have tried for a long while to uncover the code of the 'main/AV' part and was unsuccessful. I have tried playing around by adding scripts to 'hopefully' luck out and access some areas in the main code, but again, I was unsuccessful. All I can say is, play around and 'Good Luck'!

One option, er hack, would be to put a switch on the switched ignition source to the radio. Would work for those odd times you need to reboot the unit too.

Nah ... something just need to hide the AVIC from prying eyes, especially at night at unknown territories, and you need to park there. I can still achieve that by going into System Settings->SCREEN OFF, but just wondering what is the call to AVIC to do that ...

Something is really irritating me though: I have an auto-starter and I use it extensively in cold Winter, here is Canada. Except that every two or three auto-start via the remote, by AVIC got reset and all my install fonts are removed by WinCE, and when booted, the main screen is shown instead of the last used screen, MAP or AUDIO/VIDEO. This happens because the time that the auto-starter waits in the IGNITION ON position is a bit (really marginally a bit) longer before turn to START.

This really frustrates me. How come the stupid Pioneer AVIC could not retaine the charge for a brief second for the transition when the power is momentaneously cut.

This is also annoying when you are listen to music, and you are waiting for someone, and when this someone is there, you need to start you car, and the AVIC is reboot again and take two minutes or so before your music is back online ... stupide!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Hey,

there is a solution, it's a bit of a hack but it works surprisingly well.

I wrote a couple of MortScripts which execute when pressing the 'Screen off' button in the Navigation section. Basically what they do is simulate some keypresses on the right spots.

I started with one of IDT's mods (pretty old and still for version 2 - no time to update it yet). Anyhow, when entering blank screen mode,

<BUTTON xxx bmp="blankscreen_onmap.bmp" x=734 y=55 onrelease='nextstate
st_IDToffscreen, run sc_screenOff' visiblemodel="!ui.vFullScreenCockpit" USE_SEP
ARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

the following script is executed:

<script sc_screenOff>
       EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "AV" "WM_APP_AV_IGOMAP" 0
       EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "MainMenu" "WM_APP_AV_IGOMAP" 0
       EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "MainMenu" "WM_APP_MAINMENU_CLONING" 6
15      START_APPLICATION "\My Flash Disk\MS\screenoff.exe" ""
</script>

coming back, the following script is executed:

<script sc_screenOn>
       EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "AV" "WM_APP_AV_IGOMAP" 1
</script>

These two basically turn the media display on/off before navigating to turn off the screen. The script which actually does that is 'My Flash Disk\MS\screenoff.mscr' with mortscript copied into the same directory as screenoff.exe. Here is the script:

Show("MainMenu")
Sleep(1250)
MouseClick("MainMenu",690,450)
Show("SystemSetting")
Sleep(800)
MouseClick("SystemSetting", 300, 150)
Sleep(200)
MouseClick("SystemSetting", 690, 450)

The process takes roughly 2 seconds to complete. Only caveat is that MainMenu.exe has to be running, i.e. if you start in map-mode, wacky things happen. Nothing which couldn't be remedied though.

Hope it helps.

Michal

Hi dn667,

I can see that the mortscript is trying to click on the right spot for turn off the screen, under the System Settings screen. But if I use the script method, I don't have to use the mortscript, right?

Where should I place the call back to the sc_ScreenOn script? Only one line of code to turn back ON when it takes many to turn if OFF, is this correct?

Thanks.

Hey,

I can see that the mortscript is trying to click on the right spot for turn off the screen, under the System Settings screen. But if I use the script method, I don't have to use the mortscript, right?

Where should I place the call back to the sc_ScreenOn script? Only one line of code to turn back ON when it takes many to turn if OFF, is this correct?

You actually need both, the scripts in the .ui files to start the mortscript and the mortscript itself. The screenOff script turns off the audio bar IIRC (it's been a long while) so you need to turn that on again when you go back to the map. Hence the screenOn script. Probably you can circumvent this by sending the keycode associated with the 'Menu' button instead. The screenOn script should be executed when coming back from the blank state. Here is the corresponding line in the mod that I am using:

<SPRITE xxx bmp="746_32K_MN-000_24b.bmp" x=0 y=0 onrelease='prevstate, run sc_blank_hide, run sc_screenOn'>

For some reason the script had to be executed to get everything right.

Michal

Hey Michal,

I found a copie of the SCREENOFF.EXE file on the Internet, and guess what, all I have to do is to call this executable, nothing else, and the trick is played with one line of code. The screen is totally blank, even the little Bluetooth LED for the phone is turned OFF with it.

This been said, all the scripts that you have used might not be necessary at all :mrgreen: . Just call the SCREENOFF.EXE and all will be done! The reasoning is that if there is no LED backlight, whatever you show on the screen will be invisible. Right? :cool:

You can call the screenoff.mscr upon power-up while you are in the MainMenu though. For this to be done, where do you program the calling to this script because the iGo NAV is not operational yet (if the MainMenu is shown)?

Thanks!