AVIC411.com

Steering Wheel Control Weirdness

In my impreza I have my steering wheel controls connected to my bt920 and for some reason my buttons my buttons lose functionality randomly. Once I lost volume up then mute. I am able to reprogram and it works again for a bit but then eventually they lose functionality again. I am using the pac swi-ps to connect my steering wheel controls to my unit. I had this problem once before so I got a replacement unit and wiring harness and reinstalled. That seemed to do the trick until yesterday when the problem seems to have started all over again. It was fine for months then all of a sudden it just seems to freak out.

Thanks in advance.

I have had a similar problem in a 2003 tundra using a 920 and the metra steering wheel interface.

Never reprogrammed anything, just checked connections. Specifically my ground was poor. Working great again. If mine does it again I will get off my butt and follow the instructions and solder the connections.

-C

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hear of your problem.....I am using PAC (sterring wheel interface and JBL stereo interface) and have no issues at all....if you can return the Axxess one you might want to try PAC

I know this is an old thread but just to benefit those who have the same issue as the original poster, I have the exact same issue and I am actually using a PAC interface. If I reprogram it, the buttons work right away... try it again the next day and the buttons rarely work.. sometimes they do.. sometimes they don't.. more often than not they don't. I gave up on the PAC interface.. their tech support (which to my surprise was open on a SAT) told me the interface is fine and it's either my car or my stereo... The stock stero worked just fine with the steering wheel controls, so I know it's not the car..

-Keith