AVIC411.com

Pioneer CD-IU50V - Why do i Need it?

Is there anyway to disable the auto-charging on the iPod? I'm coming from a D3, which had the option of turning the charging on/off - but, I cannot find a way disable it on the z110/120(upgrade).

No and I can't imagine why you would want to.

What is the advantage of this cable over my iPod USB cable? I plugged it in and had a 3.5mm plugged in and it connected just like if I did have one of those cables.... could someone let me know?

The iPod tries to send the audio over the line-out on the dock connector whenever it's plugged it, so you'll have to re-plug that 3.5mm in every time you connect the iPod or turn the unit on and off, so you can't just leave it in the glovebox and forget about it like you can with the CD-IU50V.

Also, the volume control is independent of the 3.5mm jack when you're using the cable, so you don't have to re-adjust it from what it was every time you connect the iPod.

• 2 weeks later...

No and I can't imagine why you would want to.

Because you dont want to keep charging a battery that is already charged or short charge. You will see a reduction in battery life. especially if you think about how often you turn on and off your car. you are short charging the battery in the device pretty much every time you drive your car.

• 2 weeks later...

Because you dont want to keep charging a battery that is already charged or short charge. You will see a reduction in battery life. especially if you think about how often you turn on and off your car. you are short charging the battery in the device pretty much every time you drive your car.

the iphone will stop charging once it reaches a certain voltage level. the iphone also has several sensors (thermal, etc) that will stop it from charging as well.