AVIC411.com

Sort POI by distance

Hey guys-

I know this is probably somewhere in the manual, but my Adobe is messed up and I can't find my hardcopy so I figured you guys will know.

One thing that has always annoyed me about my D2 was the fact that I just can't get it to sort to show the POI closest to me. Like if I search for all the Best Buys, it will bring me a list that is sorted alphabetically, and not show the one closest to me.

Is there a way to change this?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
One of the perks to having a more expensive unit i guess.

Nothing more than lazy programming and not bothering to upgrade to firmware to add such simple and standard features. I like my D1, I really do, but it is annoyances like this that will keep me from being a repeat Pioneer customer for any product.

I have the Nav system in my 07 Honda Odyssey, and it sorts by distance with a little arrow showing direction. I'm thinking about getting the D3 for my Mazda Tribute, but this has me concerned.

If I put in McDonalds, or Starbucks, or Chevron, I would normally want to have them sorted by distance. If the D3 is not doing this, how are they sorted? The Honda also has an option to show them anywhere along my route, in case I'm looking for something down the road. That's certainly handy on trips, but sort by distance seems like a must have to me.

Chris

If its like the D2, it will sort the POI alphabetically by city/town name.

Basically I live near NYC, so whenever I search for a POI and the town its in is from M and on, I need to go through 100 listings for Manhattan. :twisted:

So if you search for McDonalds, and there are 50 in Manhatten, are those 50 sorted by distance, or just by street name or something else?

If they are all called "MC DONALDS" then it won't matter. They are all sorted by distance.

Let's say you wanted to find "ARMY SURPLUS"

It yields 24 of them. They would be sorted by distance.

ZEKES ARMY SURPLUS

GIT YOUR GUNS ARMY SURPLUS

AGRO'S ARMY SURPLUS FOOL

S&W ARMY SURPLUS

On the Z1/Z2 you have 2 buttons on the side. "DIST" and "A-Z"

You might know the place is called "AGRO'S ARMY SURPLUS" but it is 15 down. hit A-Z and you get it #1.

That make sense?

Basically I live near NYC, so whenever I search for a POI and the town its in is from M and on, I need to go through 100 listings for Manhattan. :twisted:

So if you search for McDonalds, and there are 50 in Manhatten, are those 50 sorted by distance, or just by street name or something else?

You're talking about a z1, the op and everyone else is talking about a d1/2

If they are all called "MC DONALDS" then it won't matter. They are all sorted by distance.

Let's say you wanted to find "ARMY SURPLUS"

It yields 24 of them. They would be sorted by distance.

ZEKES ARMY SURPLUS

GIT YOUR GUNS ARMY SURPLUS

AGRO'S ARMY SURPLUS FOOL

S&W ARMY SURPLUS

On the Z1/Z2 you have 2 buttons on the side. "DIST" and "A-Z"

You might know the place is called "AGRO'S ARMY SURPLUS" but it is 15 down. hit A-Z and you get it #1.

That make sense?

If I remember correctly they are sorted alphabetically by street.