AVIC411.com

Pioneer repair is a bunch of crooks

I bought the firmware update from eBay during the update on disc 2 it froze on 98% done. So I called pioneer and told them the issue. They told me to send it in for repair. Before I sent it in I went into the menu deleted all pics and contacts and removed my DVD out of unit. Pioneer received the unit and told me I had a damaged circuit board and that it was 350 to repair! I called them and told them that it was a firmware issue. They said that they are not technicians and can't forward me to the technicians. So reluctantly I paid it. Upon receiving my unit they had reset all my updates and left me with the very original firmware. U would figure that before they sent it out they would update the firmware to the newest firmware especially since I just got done paying a bullshit $350 charge. this is the last pioneer I ever own just because of the shabby service I have received!

I bought the firmware update from eBay during the update on disc 2 it froze on 98% done. So I called pioneer and told them the issue. They told me to send it in for repair. Before I sent it in I went into the menu deleted all pics and contacts and removed my DVD out of unit. Pioneer received the unit and told me I had a damaged circuit board and that it was 350 to repair! I called them and told them that it was a firmware issue. They said that they are not technicians and can't forward me to the technicians. So reluctantly I paid it. Upon receiving my unit they had reset all my updates and left me with the very original firmware. U would figure that before they sent it out they would update the firmware to the newest firmware especially since I just got done paying a bullshit $350 charge. this is the last pioneer I ever own just because of the shabby service I have received!

If you got to SD (not disc) two, you already installed the update. SD2 is just the latest Parrot BT update. It still works without it. Sounds more like a bad SD2.

Sorry, you had to pay $350 for nothing. Other than the update freezing, what other symptoms did you have that would require repairs?

Did you buy one of the $30 "AVIC-Z110BT TO AVIC-Z120BT" SDs on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item1e61a703f6

I wondered if they were legit or just stealing ShortFuse's hack. It says instructions are included. Did they actually require you register the upgrade with Pioneer to get the security code? If not you got ripped off twice.

1. If you bought the update from an authorized dealer, just send them the SD cards and they will give you a new set.

2. If you did not buy it from an authorized dealer then that's your fault and deal with the circumstances.

ANY time you send in a computer or anything that has different firmwares, it is ALWAYS reformatted to the factory state as it was bought.

Stop complaining about something that is common practice. :)

I know you might be kicking yourself from hearing this, but it might have just been a bad SD card. I would have tried another SD card.

As for the $350, if the device was bricked (and not just hanging on update), then they'd have to reprogram the chip. It's easier for them to just swap out the board than to get all the solder points and reflash it.

The probability of flash failure is probably so low, they probably don't even reflash bad boards anyway. They probably discard them. Pioneer is a Japanese company and you can assume the parts would be repaired there or somewhere else in Asia. Pioneer USA probably doesn't even have the equipment to reprogram a chip anyway.

If my Z110BT broke, I probably wouldn't even get it repaired. I would have just gotten another brand. I'm tired of WinMo.

i bought one of the sd cards from ebay. I figured they were legit. the auction never said anything about them not being.usually movies and software copies of things on ebay are usually really cheap reason of me purchaasing from them. The update never finished. it would boot up to pioneer screen i could turn up the volume and everything but the unit didnt initiate like nothing would load up. could press volume up and hear the volume bing pushed. but pioneer screen is all that showed on screen. I could boot into the secret menu and everything worked fine there.

• 2 weeks later...