AVIC411.com

x930bt Navigation problems

I have read a few posts on here that state the x920bt has navigation problems. Lagging, distances off, passing streets..that sort of thing. My question is does the x930bt suffer these same problems? Im trying to decide between a 920 and 930. I dont need a rotatry wheel as i use steering wheel controls so that part isnt important. VR also isnt the biggest concern for me either. But a lagging navigation would drive me crazy. If anyone knows how the x930 nav works please let me know. Thank you

I have read a few posts on here that state the x920bt has navigation problems. Lagging, distances off, passing streets..that sort of thing. My question is does the x930bt suffer these same problems? Im trying to decide between a 920 and 930. I dont need a rotatry wheel as i use steering wheel controls so that part isnt important. VR also isnt the biggest concern for me either. But a lagging navigation would drive me crazy. If anyone knows how the x930 nav works please let me know. Thank you

Had no lag issues with ours! Have you hooked up the VSS wire? Has it been fully calibrated? Most units initially takes time to calibrate at the beginning to learn the vehicles dynamics - u must reset/re-initualize this if you move it to another vehicle! Roughly takes a few days to do and get better over time. Also is the GPS antenna installed in a clear sky position?

• 4 weeks later...

I have had ZERO issues with my 930 nav.

So far I like everything about it except the crappy little volume knob, but I absolutely LOATHE volume buttons so from that perspective, this is acceptable. The unit sounds good, is fast, reliable, nav is accurate, no lag, no issues so far.

My antennae is in clear sky on the dash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I installed a used x920bt about 2 months ago. Initially I did not connect the VSS wire and put the GPS module on the passenger side dash. The navigation was off by a few city blocks. The orientation would become off no until I calibrate the unit, then it would be off again after 10 min of driving. After I hooked up the VSS wire, cleared the previous owner's sensor learning and driving status, and re-calibrated location/orientation, the nav is becoming pretty spot on. I only wish the nav would give your turn warning a little sooner. NY and NJ have some really complicated highway entry/exit ramps and the nav sometimes do not give adequate warnings. The nav also doesn't pronounce most of the street names, like most other nav software do these days.