AVIC411.com

VR issues with new Z130BT

I am having the following issues with VR when trying to conduct a handsfree call.

I hit the VR button and I get prompted for the desired command. I say "Call name mobile". after a few seconds it attempts to play the verification message, "Do you want to call..................". My issue is that the verification message gets cut off in misentencece. I don't get the chance to acknowledge. I have to cancel the command and start the VR session again. It usually takes 2 or 3 attempts to get the sequence to complete and get my call going. Anyone else see thianomalyly?

I know I have the same problem, but worse cause I try to cancel and it will not cancel, trying to see if this is the press OK before the bluetooth connects glitch or something similar or did I just get a bad HeadUnit. I will do a hard reset before I give up on it though.

Chris

Only having my 130BT, I am no expert. However, the Voice Recognition has been fine for me. I do however have to pronounce the names as per their origin.

Weiss, is Vice. It knows its a German name.

Fujii, is Fuji-(super soft i). It knows its a Japanese name.

Its knows that Joann, is not Joan.

The confirmation is annoying and you should be able to turn that off, on principle. Though I did not find it in the manual.

The Address entry is total bunk. But some of that is the Catalog. And yet, its still better than what came with my wife/owner's Sienna XLE Limited.

Rodney

I know I have the same problem, but worse cause I try to cancel and it will not cancel, trying to see if this is the press OK before the bluetooth connects glitch or something similar or did I just get a bad HeadUnit. I will do a hard reset before I give up on it though.

Chris

It's not the "press OK" first issue the 120 had. I always start it up with the "OK" first and it does not make a difference. Now as an update it seems to have improved somehow over time. It usually only fails once then works fine from there on out. I really can't figure that out. It still fails more than once ocassionally but that has become rare. Weird!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. Any fixes? I've only had the unit for a week, so I'm hoping it gets better as you noted...

My guess is that your voice catalogue is hosed. And if you have an iPod hooked up, I would try forcing the head unit to rebuild your catalogue by doing the following

1. Hook up your iPod to iTunes and make a change to your media (add/delete a song or an album). Whatever it takes to change the configuration of the iPod.

2. Turn on the head unit, press the "OK" button, and make sure VR cataloging is turned on.

3. Plug up your iPod and let it sync up completely

4. Try playing something off the iPod. "Play Artist Michael Jackson" (or whatever artist you have on the iPod)

If this works, GOOD!!! Now try making a call.

If you do not have an ipod hooked up, or if you are still unable to make a call, then delete your phone contacts from the head unit (not your phone) and rebuild your contacts database in the phone settings.

If all that doesn't work, I would suspect a hardware issue ( microphone, system ground producing noise, etc.)

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

if you are still unable to make a call, then delete your phone contacts from the head unit (not your phone) and rebuild your contacts database in the phone settings.

How do you first get the contacts transferred to the head unit? Everytime I turn it on and pair the phone to my head unit, it has to 'build' the contact database. This is on a Z130BT.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you first get the contacts transferred to the head unit? Everytime I turn it on and pair the phone to my head unit, it has to 'build' the contact database. This is on a Z130BT.

Well, here is a little golden nugget that Pioneer failed to mention to their customers: once the VR database update is complete, the user should TURN OFF VR database updating. The unit works perfectly fine with VR updating turned OFF after a complete rebuild, and this minimizes the chance of it corrupting itself with a constant rebuild every time you recycle power to the HU. This includes your contact list. The only time you should rebuild is when you modify your iPod database, or modify your contact list.

Well, here is a little golden nugget that Pioneer failed to mention to their customers: once the VR database update is complete, the user should TURN OFF VR database updating. The unit works perfectly fine with VR updating turned OFF after a complete rebuild, and this minimizes the chance of it corrupting itself with a constant rebuild every time you recycle power to the HU. This includes your contact list. The only time you should rebuild is when you modify your iPod database, or modify your contact list.

good to know.....

• 2 weeks later...

Tried that this evening. My 'Contacts' icon still does not highlight when the phone is connected to the HU via BT.

HTC EVO 4G phone.

When trying to use BT Transfer app on the phone, it says the transfer cannot be done because the receiving unit, HU, does not have OPP support.

Tried that this evening. My 'Contacts' icon still does not highlight when the phone is connected to the HU via BT.

HTC EVO 4G phone.

When trying to use BT Transfer app on the phone, it says the transfer cannot be done because the receiving unit, HU, does not have OPP support.

Well if you cannot transfer your contacts, this is a separate issue. I am only speaking to the topic at hand; "VR Issues".

Check out c12ack's reply HERE, go down to entry #13, that may help.