AVIC411.com

Where have all the avic-z1 gone??

Yep,

tillithz is right on all accounts. I actually thought their would be a surplus and a price drop at the end of the year but they're all disappearing because noone wants to pay the price of Z2, especially since it offers little over the Z1. If you find a Z1 for $1600 or less, you better buy it. Good luck. If I locate a good price for one, I will post it on here, after confirming availability.

Kevin

press release on what?

z2 is being released that you can read on the pioneerelectronics website, the d2 is still available as well, that doesnt mean that its not being made anymore, or that its becoming harder to find, or that the model year is over and new one is out. good luck finding one, its getting harder and harder

I ordered mine right before Christmas and received it on the 26th of December. I bought it from powersellernyc.com for $1635 but their price now says $1745....?

They said that they are one of the few people that drop ship from Pioneer (not sure if that is where it came from judging by the return address on the box, but it was from California). I called tons of other places and were all out of stock.

Anyway, the salesman was pretty cool and easy to work with (I think his name was Stanley and his phone extension was 107). I paid the extra money for 3 day air, because they said it would be 7-10 days if shipped normally.

Anyway, I thought that I'd throw in my experience. I love the Z1 btw. Big improvement from the Avic80DVD/P6500DVD combo that I was using.

Cheers,

Paul