AVIC411.com

Z130BT bypass not working correctly

Hello all,

I watched and followed the video to the letter..

I moved yellow mute up one, connected the light green prk brake wire to it then window spliced it to ground,the ground from hu that goes into factory

harness shrink-tubed and taped it all up nicey nice.

tried it out BINGO it worked without the p-brake... untill I went over 2 1/2- 5 MPH then I got a warning that it is illeagal blah blah blah

and the screen goes blank,I still hear the movie no vid, when you stop it all works again, also voice commands no longer work at all, for Iphone calls come in and that works, if I dial via hu it works just no voice commands anymore, anyone have any idea's as to whats going on? I wonder if pioneer did something to later builds of this unit? I have been told it has a gyro and that this "video you speak of will not work" yet there are people who say it has worked for them just fine.

I am lost as to whats goin on. again anybody have a clue as to what is happening?

Thank you for any and all help it is truly appreciated.

Joe

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something isn't done right. The most common issue is the pin gets damaged and doesn't stay in.

Pioneer didn't change anything.

Hey Jason,

thats good to hear, but why would it all work (except VR) when truck is going less than 5 miles an hour any faster ans it gives that message and goes blank screen? it cant be the pin or I would get nothing to work, right?

I also heard the pin "click" when moved up one.

Joe

Well since it's working at low speed, your parking brake is definitely grounded. Just double check the bypass pin; make sure it's seated all the way in the correct pin, and grounded.

def in the right pin and it did "click" when pushed in, I will dbl check it did not come loose, also may try ground directly to the chassis

Joe

VR would not be related to the bypass.

then some wierd road apple's be happenin cause it all worked fine before the mod, and as I stated I (really) did this by the book err vid.

I cannot imagine it being a loose connect but them road apples are there and they are huge and smell real bad LOL

I am thinking it may be a ground even though I get a partial work from it, but when it no wanna work right rip it all apart an start again.

one last thought, could it be that the HU was hooked up first without bypass to make sure all worked (it did) should I reset it to factory in the settings area? or dissconnect the + side of battery and reset that way (unless it has internal memory that wont be wiped in case of dead batt, just thinking of everything going thru my head, it should be working as is its not and it is pissing me off.

I am very hands on, so this is not my first time playing with wire, or fire hmmmm thats where they got the name firewire so while

tech yes new to this bypass I am not a noob overall. just had to throw that in in case you had the "do we have another idiot here question)

so I wanted to raise my hand and vote NO, @#$ hole well umm yes sometimes when nessesary i-dot NO add Jagermiester then both can happen but I stopped

drinking when twins where born 4 yrs ago, and yes I am damn thirsty.

Joe

then some wierd road apple's be happenin cause it all worked fine before the mod, and as I stated I (really) did this by the book err vid.

I cannot imagine it being a loose connect but them road apples are there and they are huge and smell real bad LOL

I am thinking it may be a ground even though I get a partial work from it, but when it no wanna work right rip it all apart an start again.

one last thought, could it be that the HU was hooked up first without bypass to make sure all worked (it did) should I reset it to factory in the settings area? or dissconnect the + side of battery and reset that way (unless it has internal memory that wont be wiped in case of dead batt, just thinking of everything going thru my head, it should be working as is its not and it is pissing me off.

Joe

As Jason said - no relationship between Bypass and VR , except that the unit was likely removed in order to access the harness. It is possible you re-connected the mic in the wrong socket (remote). Also, it might be loosely inserted. I believe the problem with VR Ris that something was disturbed in the process of doing the bypass.

I am very hands on, so this is not my first time playing with wire, or fire hmmmm thats where they got the name firewire so while

tech yes new to this bypass I am not a noob overall. just had to throw that in in case you had the "do we have another idiot here question)

so I wanted to raise my hand and vote NO, @#$ hole well umm yes sometimes when nessesary i-dot NO add Jagermiester then both can happen but I stopped

drinking when twins where born 4 yrs ago, and yes I am damn thirsty.

Maybe you should lay-off coffee too. :lol:

As Jason said - no relationship between Bypass and VR , except that the unit was likely removed in order to access the harness. It is possible you re-connected the mic in the wrong socket (remote). Also, it might be loosely inserted. I believe the problem with VR Ris that something was disturbed in the process of doing the bypass.

Maybe you should lay-off coffee too. :lol:

no everything else works, I can get and make calls if dialed, they come thru the HU so mic is fine. I am actually out there now just took dash out and hu is next, gonna check the grounds and pin integrity if all checks out large hammer? m-80 or 10

good thing I stopped at dunkin dognuts and got 6 super large with three shots esssssspressso each :o

helps me keep my hands from shhhhakking.

will let you all know if there is a hu avail for spare parts later this afternoon.

Joe

no everything else works, I can get and make calls if dialed, they come thru the HU so mic is fine. I am actually out there now just took dash out and hu is next, gonna check the grounds and pin integrity if all checks out large hammer? m-80 or 10

good thing I stopped at dunkin dognuts and got 6 super large with three shots esssssspressso each :o

helps me keep my hands from shhhhakking.

will let you all know if there is a hu avail for spare parts later this afternoon.

Joe

OK, just to clarify your VR issue (separate from the bypass). You find BT calling quality fine (or at least acceptible), so the mic is working. But the HU doesn't recognize voice commands. First, there are basically three categories of VR commands:

1. System commands like "Changes source to FM". "Next song". These are fixed phrases that are build-in

2. Hands-free dialing commands like "call Mrs bigjoe". These rely on data from your phone's Contacts (which needs to be sucessfully downloaded over BT from the phone).

3. iPod commands. Many of these are dependent on transfering song/album/artist info from your wired (USB/iPod) iPhone or iPod. These require that the VR catalog is built and correct. Also requires a compatible iPod/iPhone and the correct cable. I also found updating my iTouch made it work better (faster cataloging).

So to diagnose your problem, we need to know which of these functions are failing. Only try VR commands when in the Map Screen or in an AV operation screen (Like iPod).

#1 is easy to test. "Change Source to FM" or whatever

#2 requires that your contacts have transfered. To verify, go to Phone Menu. Is Contacts greyed? If it is, that's your problem. If not, press Contracts. It should show you the list of contacts. Go to the NAV map screen, press VOICE & say call <someone>. Does that work?

#3 iPod catalogs get clobbered easily on my unit. To test try "Play the album <whatever you got>. If it presets you with a list of albums, the AVIC recognized the command, but didn't find the album name in your iPod VR catalog. I'm not sure the best way to force the catalog to get rebuilt. You might try resetting your AVIC unit. Then make sure VR cataloging is turned on in the AV system Settings menu.

Hope this helps sort out the problem. What, no Starbucks?

OK, just to clarify your VR issue (separate from the bypass). You find BT calling quality fine (or at least acceptible), so the mic is working. But the HU doesn't recognize voice commands. First, there are basically three categories of VR commands:

1. System commands like "Changes source to FM". "Next song". These are fixed phrases that are build-in

2. Hands-free dialing commands like "call Mrs bigjoe". These rely on data from your phone's Contacts (which needs to be sucessfully downloaded over BT from the phone).

3. iPod commands. Many of these are dependent on transfering song/album/artist info from your wired (USB/iPod) iPhone or iPod. These require that the VR catalog is built and correct. Also requires a compatible iPod/iPhone and the correct cable. I also found updating my iTouch made it work better (faster cataloging).

So to diagnose your problem, we need to know which of these functions are failing. Only try VR commands when in the Map Screen or in an AV operation screen (Like iPod).

#2 requires that your contacts have transfered. To verify, go to Phone Menu. Is Contacts greyed? If it is, that's your problem. If not, press Contracts. It should show you the list of contacts. Go to the NAV map screen, press VOICE & say call <someone>. Does that work?

#3 iPod catalogs get clobbered easily on my unit. To test try "Play the album <whatever you got>. If it presets you with a list of albums, the AVIC recognized the command, but didn't find the album name in your iPod VR catalog. I'm not sure the best way to force the catalog to get rebuilt. You might try resetting your AVIC unit. Then make sure VR cataloging is turned on in the AV system Settings menu.

ok, Just picked up twins in truck with no dashboard and harnesses hanging everywhere just put em down for nap and threw cup # 4 in the nuclear chamber now its time to really get into it, I have zactly 2 hours :? once back together i will test out the vr as you have suggested. thank you for your help/input<--- no pun intended.

Joe

Ron and Jason,

Thank you for ALL of YOUR help!

I finally got it, I have some info that may help others that happened during this mod

I will post later tonight when i have the time, this was a bitch, but what I found out the pin insertion will help other first "timers" doing it and waybe some vets.

Joe