AVIC411.com

SIRIUS Question:

I'm not sure if this was in version 1 but I have version 2 installed and it also has a song alert function (i.e. if one of your selected favorite songs plays on a station that you are not listening to, an alert pops up giving you the option to change stations if you wish).

From Pioneer's website:

Stay Tuned to the Digital-Quality Sound On-board: SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Enjoy SIRIUS Satellite Radio on board! In conjunction with Pioneer “SAT Radio Ready†headunits, the SIR-PNR2 offers crisp, digital-quality sound from over 120 channels — including 65 channels for commercial-free music and more than 50 for sports (NFL, NBA, NHL games and others), news, and a wide array of entertainment programs.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio also boasts stable signal transmission to tuners. Three powerful SIRIUS satellites fly directly over the U.S. at high elevation angles, ensuring coast-to-coast coverage. The satellites' “clear line of sight†keeps drivers tuned to the selected channels without obstruction from buildings or trees.

The SIR-PNR2 is a SIRIUS Digital Satellite Tuner for use with Pioneer "SAT Radio Ready†Headunits and AV Receivers. Features IP-Bus Input and Output, Single-Pole Sirius Antenna included, and 1-year Warranty.

New features for this model include:

Game Alert: Prompts when your favorite teams are playing at start of game and when scores

Game Zone: Lists your favorite teams' scores

By the way, I bought my SIR-PNR2 brand new for $6.00 + $7.90 shipping for a total of $13.90. What a bargain huh?

okay, so before tackling the install on this beast (which turned out to be not much worse than a standard install -- 4 extra wires -- yes 4, because of the bypass) i decided to read all the manuals. a six pack and a few hours later, i came across this:

The following functions are not available in the SIR-PNR1:

-Selecting team for game alert

-Displaying game information

-Using the song alert function

-Using the direct traffic announcement function

Chapter 13, Page 131

Well, thanks for all the replies. Now I know what I need.