AVIC411.com

Cydia App To Improve App Radio

Hey guys I was just browsing through Cydia and came accross a new extension that will improve functions with supported apps on the iPhone with the app radio. It's called AppRadio Extensions. You must have a jailbroken iPhone to be able to install the extension. Go check it out and post here the results.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I was just browsing through Cydia and came accross a new extension that will improve functions with supported apps on the iPhone with the app radio. It's called AppRadio Extensions. You must have a jailbroken iPhone to be able to install the extension. Go check it out and post here the results.

Should the same apply to iPod Touch 4th generation? I would think so but not sure if it's restricted to the phone only.

Hey guys, I'm the author of AppRadio Extensions. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Currently, the tweak adds "Home" buttons to Rdio, Inrix, and MotionX that will launch the AppRadio app so you don't need to touch your phone while driving. It also redirects notifications (push, SMS, etc.) to the radio's screen so you can read them easily. For some reason Pandora is a bit complicated as to how they display info on the radio's screen. I'm still working on that one. I'm also looking in to adding support for more apps, but Pioneer's API is a bit locked down. I was able to get Navigon to display on the radio's screen but it wouldn't accept any touch events.

@Preroll: It should work with the iPod Touch. I didn't code with it in mind (I only have an iPhone) but I also didn't do anything that would be iPhone specific. Let me know if you have any problems and we'll try to get it working.

How about backgrouding? Anyone with the radio and a jailbroken phone can you test out the cydia app backgrounder to see if that will work with appradio?

I am looking into buying this radio but the shit reviews are proving pioneer cuts costs in every way esp software development...

How about backgrouding? Anyone with the radio and a jailbroken phone can you test out the cydia app backgrounder to see if that will work with appradio?

I am looking into buying this radio but the shit reviews are proving pioneer cuts costs in every way esp software development...

Any app that plays music should come through the car speakers. It just acts like an iPhone dock. The same goes for video with apps that play using TV out. Apps only need to give the radio special treatment if they want to use the cars screen for input (the four currently supported apps).

If you have any specific applications in mind, let me know and I'll give them a try just to make sure.

I just pushed a new version to the repo. It adds a home button for Pandora and preferences to the settings app. The only way I could get the home button working in Pandora (for now) was to override the Bookmark button. It's seems like Pandora is doing something special to display data on the car's screen so I can't draw any additional buttons. I made a separate toggle in the preferences to enable the Pandora home button in case someone actually uses the Bookmark functionality.

Also, there is a toggle in the preferences under AppRadio called "Launch Kills Apps". When this is enabled, launching the AppRadio app from the home screen will kill Pandora, Rdio, MotionX, and Inrix. I added this because I noticed that apps would randomly have trouble resizing for the radios screen (Rdio especially) if they were already running. This allows the apps to start fresh when you load up the menu.

I just pushed a new version to the repo. It adds a home button for Pandora and preferences to the settings app. The only way I could get the home button working in Pandora (for now) was to override the Bookmark button. It's seems like Pandora is doing something special to display data on the car's screen so I can't draw any additional buttons. I made a separate toggle in the preferences to enable the Pandora home button in case someone actually uses the Bookmark functionality.

Also, there is a toggle in the preferences under AppRadio called "Launch Kills Apps". When this is enabled, launching the AppRadio app from the home screen will kill Pandora, Rdio, MotionX, and Inrix. I added this because I noticed that apps would randomly have trouble resizing for the radios screen (Rdio especially) if they were already running. This allows the apps to start fresh when you load up the menu.

Awsome work, keep it up man! I can't seem to get the wallpaper to work, any suggestions? The only other complaint I have about the unit now is that pioneer would leave us without an xm radio app that should have been available day 1.

I installed your tweak and my (Shazam) app quit working, any ideas? The app launches but it wont work anymore

What do you mean by "won't work"? When the tweak loads, I have to specifically list which apps it modifies so it shouldn't be affecting any other apps.

Awsome work, keep it up man! I can't seem to get the wallpaper to work, any suggestions? The only other complaint I have about the unit now is that pioneer would leave us without an xm radio app that should have been available day 1.

Did you try quitting the AppRadio app by double clicking the home button and killing it? In order for the wallpaper to load, the AppRadio app needs to complete close and restart.