AVIC411.com

Problem with 930BT firmware update

Just last week I had a 930BT installed in my truck(06 Dodge Ram). I checked the firmware, and it looks like it hasn't been updated yet. per the instructions, I downloaded the file, decompressed it, and put the whole folder on a blank micro SD card. I put the card in the Head Unit, and restarted it several times. It seems that the update still hasn't been installed. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Might not be the same problem I had but when I first got my unit I thought it wasn't updates because the system screen was showing 3.000 and I knew there was an update available to 3.001.

Turned out I wasn't looking in the right place as the system screen shows 3.000 but when you do the last press and hold the upper left corner of the screen for a few seconds it goes to another screen showing platform verision and software version which is what needs to be verified... I found out mine was “Application Version†3.001 already

• Select “System Settingsâ€

• Select “Service Informationâ€

• Press & hold left upper corner of the “Service Information†screen for a few seconds

Have a look at this topic on firmware upgrade..

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31991-x930bt-firmware-3001/

• 10 months later...

I Press & Hold the upper left corner of the screen all day and it will Not change the display. It will only show the same System Information screen with the 1 version number.

Any thoughts?

Make sure you are touching and holding the upper left most corner. Literally, your finger should be touching the very corner of the display