AVIC411.com

Z110BT USA Upgrade with CSND-210FM (2011)

Finally did the upgrade last night...

Worked like a charm. When from 1.000 on a Z110 to the 3.000 no problems at all. Thanks to all, expecially Shortfuse!

Best $11 i've ever spent!

Now to get the unit into the car again... been sitting on the shelf since Feb 2010 when my old car got bent in half by the stupid old woman in the mercedes that thought crusing throught the stop sign at 35mph into the door of my car was a good idea. B1tch...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off I would like to thank everyone that has contibuted to this topic. I have a Z120 and am running the update from Pioneer last August, 2.003 i belive. (Unit is at home and I am at work) I want to install the US CNSD-210FM this weekend and have downloaded it and the 2.004 hacked files. I have been reading all the posts here and am still not clear if I am correct on how to upgrade my Z120. Is it as simple as replacing the two files in SD1 with the files in 2.004 then installing SD1 then SD2 as I allready am updated to 2.003? Or do I have to start with AVICZ110BT?

Is it as simple as replacing the two files in SD1 with the files in 2.004 then installing SD1 then SD2 as I allready am updated to 2.003? Or do I have to start with AVICZ110BT?

No, that's not even close.

You need to download 2.003 from pioneer. Follow their instructions on creating an SD, except replace the two files with the ones from your 2.004 hack. Then insert the SD and let it update (for all of these updates, make sure your battery is charged and that you don't loose power).

After you have 2.004 installed, then insert CNSD-210FM SD1 and let it install. Enter "PASSWORDPASSWORD". After rebooting, insert SD2, then go to your settings/Bluetooth Settings and scroll down to the firmware update selection. Press it and follow the prompts/messages.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive made 3 sd cards.. one with the shortfuse and then i have the sd1 and sd2. but its not working.. i mean i put the card in and nothing happens.. cept some chinese or something talking and high pitch sound.. i have no clue what im doing wrong. or what i doing right at this point.

ive made 3 sd cards.. one with the shortfuse and then i have the sd1 and sd2. but its not working.. i mean i put the card in and nothing happens.. cept some chinese or something talking and high pitch sound.. i have no clue what im doing wrong. or what i doing right at this point.

Put SD1 back into your PC, using Explorer - open the drive of your SD1. What files/folders do you see? If the HU doesn't find the upgrade files in the right place, it assumes it is a media disk and it scans the SD for playable media files - and plays them.

SD1

Firmware

Update

caredinfo.cfi

Are you saying you have a folder in the root of your SD called SD1?

BTW, what is your current installed version number?

Did the Shortfuse hack install OK?

Check the version number of your current software by completing the following steps:

1. Press the “HOME†key
  2. Select the “Settings†tab
  3. Select “System Settingsâ€
  4. Select “Service Informationâ€
  5. Press & hold left upper corner of the “Service Information†screen for a few seconds

What is the Application Version that is displayed?