AVIC411.com

Weak radio signal compared to the VW autoradio

Hi,

I want to know if anyone have met the same problem... When installing the AppRadio, I have a weak radio signal compared to the one I had on the previous autoradio (the one from VW).

Thanks for your feedback, it will help me understand if I did something wrong in the installation.

Jerome

Metra is a pretty good source for this kind of stuff, they are one of the main suppliers of aftermarket radio installation parts. Specifically I think you are going to need the following:

http://www.metraonline.com/part/40-EU55

The motorola male connector goes into the appradio and the other end plugs into your car's antenna wiring, this will probably replace the antenna adapter I suspect you had to install with the radio. The power lead coming off of it needs to be attached to a +12v power source that is swtiched with the key, this should be the red wire coming out of the radio. That can easily be connected with a wire "t" tap. This should be very easy to install if you have even basic electronics knowledge.

If you had your radio professionally installed, I would go back and shame them into installing this for you free of charge since this is something any radio installer should be aware of.

• 1 month later...

Hate to bump an older thread but im also having issues with radio reception. I have an FJ Cruiser which has a regular antennae and since switching to this radio unit I get a ridiculous amount of static.. anyone have any ideas ? The stock antennae plug fits perfectly into the appradio antennae connection so I do not think its that..

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem with weak or no fm radio signal some times. The app radio is installed in a 2010 Nissan frontier.

I emailed pioneer and this is what they had to say.

Good Day,

We do not have any reported issues with the reception on the App Radio, if

possible try connecting a different antenna, alternatively

Please take your unit with a valid bill of sale from a Canadian authorized

dealer to any service center below for evaluation.

Could the gps antenna interfere with the fm antenna?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm have the same problems with weak signal since I switch from my stock radio. I have a 2000 Audi A4 and it used to have the Symphony 2 Radio in it, which worked perfectly and picked up reception that other cars wouldn't. Now I get some stations and really poor reception. I have the Metra connector (Stock No. 40-EU55) that PJH was refering to in this post. I got it professionally installed but took it out to bypass it and I'm pretty sure the blue wire on the Metra wasn't connected anywhere. Would this cause the problem? If so where do I connect it? TIA!

I'm have the same problems with weak signal since I switch from my stock radio. I have a 2000 Audi A4 and it used to have the Symphony 2 Radio in it, which worked perfectly and picked up reception that other cars wouldn't. Now I get some stations and really poor reception. I have the Metra connector (Stock No. 40-EU55) that PJH was refering to in this post. I got it professionally installed but took it out to bypass it and I'm pretty sure the blue wire on the Metra wasn't connected anywhere. Would this cause the problem? If so where do I connect it? TIA!

The blue wire needs to be connected to power.