AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my avic-x9310bt won't let me type the password in, the letters are dimmed out, what can i do to type the password in and get it back to work again?

Pull the parking brake.  The unit ensures the car is stopped before allowing you to use the keyboard.

I am bowing down before you "IamSuperBleeder". My radio is back. Awesome write up and pics. Thank you so much. And to original creators of this post as well - thank you! Now I can rock again!

I am bowing down before you "IamSuperBleeder". My radio is back. Awesome write up and pics. Thank you so much. And to original creators of this post as well - thank you! Now I can rock again!

WOW this blog rocks this was very easy to do very theral instructions well laid with the pictures and all. You just saved me whole lump of time and money I am very much grateful for this posting.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it to work, thank you very much for the guide

I made the mistake of downloading the v2.21 instead of v1.4. I went to NAND>Security>password folder in the windows explorer thing, it wouldn't let me view or copy the .dat document so I deleted it. Not the smoothest way but at least i got the unit working again.

Now does anyone know how to reset the password? 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, quick question regarding this if anyone is available to still help.  I have the x930BT unit and it worked fine (I bought it a few years ago) but I sold it to my friend just recently and installed it fine and it was working but he had to do some battery work a few weeks after and then when he went to start it all up it now asks for a password.  Which is weird because I never remember setting one, he did not either plus he had already installed it fine just a few weeks prior already!  I tried all passwords I would ever use anyways just to check and nothing.  Sooo, I come here and figured i'd try this however when I click the link form page 3 or whatever from this post, it will not finish downloading and give me an error.  I have tried several different computers now and it looks like it finishes but then gives a network error or something.  Could it be the network I'm on, should I try my laptop on a whole other network?  Is this link to the download just no good anymore (it was a few years ago now)?  

any help is appreciated, I hate to be in this position where I had a like brand new unit that I sold to my friend and now he has a stereo he cant use..

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, I finally was able to get someone else to download the file for me and get it onto the SD card, put it in the unit and folowed instructions and it worked perfectly.  Password there was definitely not one I chose which was weird..  But anyways, just wanted to confirm it works on the x930BT model as stated.

just wanted to confirm it works on the x930BT model as stated.

Thank you for your confirmation.  We were really wondering if the previous 754 confirmations were real, but now, we know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would just like to thank you so much, man! I bought my car off the lot w/ the 930BT already installed. I put a new battery in my car and it asked for a password that I had never received. Called Pioneer and they said I had 2 options: contact the old owner or send it in to them. With no way to contact the old owner, I was going to send it to them. I'm glad I came across this post. Your step by step really helped. Thank you, again!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, let's simplify this a little more; might help some others. Pictures have always helped me out in situations like this, so let's do this.

Working with an X930BT in this how-to. Read all of these instructions all the way through before attempting it.

Hope that helps everyone a little more!

It helped indeed, even today. 

Thanks a lot to both you and djmixman for the original post.  :-D  :)   :mrgreen:  8)  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • RonS locked this topic