AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z1 Shipment Date

Yeah,

I'm surprised that Crutchfield placed an AVIC-Z1 on backorderfor you. there are no more Z1s. I'm sure that you'll be getting a Z2 instead of a Z1. You should give Crutchfield a call to confirm this.

Cheers,

Kevin

Technically tgrove is correct.

The final Z1s were manufactured in December 2006 but I don't know that Crutchfield will see any of them. And even if they do, I would definitely hold out for the Z2. The navigation of the Z2 is suppose to be a substantial improvement over the Z1 navigation. If you do buy the Z1, you'll need to spend another $200 to upgrade it to the Z2 once the upgrade becomes available.

I would suggest that you contact Crutchfield and ask if you can hold out for the Z2 and purchase it for the same price that you paid them for the Z1. I'm sure they will let you do this. If they won't, then cancel your order and holdout for the first Z2 that becomes available. You'll be able to buy a new Z2 at the same price that Crutchfield is selling you the Z1 for.

Good luck with your decison.

Kevin

drozovs,

Yes the upgrade has been announced unofficially at CES and definitely will become available in the spring, around the same time the Z2 is released. I spoke to Ray at Pioneer US Headquarters in Long Beach, CA just last week and he confirmed this with me over the phone. So I heard this firsthand. The upgrade will make a Z1 become a Z2 in all aspects.

Kevin

I ordered my Z1 from Abe of Main (yes I know all about it), they have a good price, got the mandatory conformation call where they want to sell you accessories. He then started on a extended warranty for three years for $199.00, which I refused. Then he went to 145.00 and down to $99.00 which I bought including "faster" delivery.

Like I said, I ordered 2 days ago and today it is with UPS out for delivery. :D