AVIC411.com

Is the Z2 worth the wait? OR the Z1 with the update?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely its better, you answered your own question. I really considered it, but decided not to. Ill probably just let pioneer rape me on the cd upgrade for a product that was far less then perfect originally. thats if the upgrade is really dramatically improved.

It looks as though it doesn't really matter if you choose to get a Z1 and buy the update would be right around the same cost as a new Z2.....

not so

think about this

when is the last time you got labor for free at a car stereo shop?

never.

this update is gonna be hard to get in your hands without going to a shop. and as stated before this is a 2-3 hour process. If the shop doesn't charge you for the time I would be highly surprised. In the end its gonna cost you more than you expect.

never.

this update is gonna be hard to get in your hands without going to a shop. and as stated before this is a 2-3 hour process.

That's crap! If you've ever done a Pioneer Navi update before, you know there's nothing to it. All you do is pop in the disc and wait. Even if it's a 2-3 hour installation, do you actually think the installer is going to wait in the car that long while the software updates? Hell no! I doubt it if he'd even been in your car for a whole minute.

If the shop doesn't charge you for the time I would be highly surprised. In the end its gonna cost you more than you expect.

I would actually be surprised if I did get charged for labor for the install.

I don't have a shitty car but I don't think my battery can even take 2-3 hours of drainage. Of course if it was 3 hours long, I would make sure the installer hooked it up to a charger first. Great, all I need now it to get charged labor fees for the installer having to charge my battery after he drains it!

never.

this update is gonna be hard to get in your hands without going to a shop. and as stated before this is a 2-3 hour process.

That's crap! If you've ever done a Pioneer Navi update before, you know there's nothing to it. All you do is pop in the disc and wait. Even if it's a 2-3 hour installation, do you actually think the installer is going to wait in the car that long while the software updates? Hell no! I doubt it if he'd even been in your car for a whole minute.

If the shop doesn't charge you for the time I would be highly surprised. In the end its gonna cost you more than you expect.

I would actually be surprised if I did get charged for labor for the install.

i have done many updates before and i am just telling to give you forewarning that no shop is gonna have a car sit in its bay for 3 hours on a battery charger for free.

Why does it have to be in an actual bay taking up work space? Park it next to the closest outlet, grab an extenstion cord, wheel or carry your charger out there, start the update, lock the doors, go back out there 1.5 hours later, switch disks, lock the doors, go back another hour or so later and take it out. Done. Seems like an easy way to make the margin in the disks if your shop has a parking lot.

Okay, I think it's safe to think that that "car toys" or anyone like that isn't going to have your car sitting in their bay for 2-3 hours.. Nobody is "working" on your car.... It's simply loading in a cd(or dvd) and thats it..

chances are they will just sell you the CD and say have fun.... Or, IF NOT, they'll load the CD and then go back to work (hourly labor). It's safe to think that if the cost is around $250 they will have whatever service charge will be included in that...

And let's not stop being optimistic here, You really think that we can all watch Saddam Hussien get hung on the internet but we can't download an AVIC update? I've read all the posts about serials and all that stuff and understand that those are all good points, but they DON"T have two way communication and I believe there will be a way to install it without the corresponding serial number. You guys all have Photoshop, right? How many of you paid for it? Probably half. You can find the application anywhere to download for free, but you need to serial number. You simply get a key gen or a serial box, to enter in (false ) information about your application. It then works perfectly fine... I'm thinking it COULD be similiar...