AVIC411.com

Is the Z2 worth the wait? OR the Z1 with the update?

I'm just trying to get a feel for what people are thinking on the whole Z2 VS. Z1 deal...

First of all, do we have a confirmed price on the Z2?

secondly, would that price be lower than buying a Z1 now and purchasing the update?

Do we know if all the mods for the Z1 work for the Z2?

Do we know of any bypassing issues on the Z2 that might be different than the Z1?

I'm kinda stuck right now on if i should buy a Z1 or wait for the Z2, just seeing what all of you knowledgable people think!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between the Z1 and Z2 only seems to be software, from the info we've gotten, so far. Most likely, if you buy a Z1 now, Pioneer will probably offer a downloadable upgrade on their website, or one of the evil geniuses on this site will be able to find a way to do it. Anyway, the hardware should be the same, other than the ink.

Doesn't matter what the price is, if you can't find one. If you can locate a Z1 from an authorized dealer for a good price, jump on it!!! The difference is only in the software, so if the Z2 software seems to be that much better, someone will find a way to offer it to us, and maybe Pioneer may offer the upgrade for free to people who purchased a Z1 very close to the time of the Z2 release...., just maybe. Just make sure they are an authorized online dealer, I have seen too many people get screwed on this. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 87,00.html

I still would love to hear what the cost is going to be on the Z2. I've heard everything from 2,300 to 1,700... If it's 2,300 obviously buying the Z1 and getting the update would be cheaper. But if it's 1,700 obviously getting the Z2 would be cheaper.. Thats all I'm really wondering about...

I still would love to hear what the cost is going to be on the Z2. I've heard everything from 2,300 to 1,700... If it's 2,300 obviously buying the Z1 and getting the update would be cheaper. But if it's 1,700 obviously getting the Z2 would be cheaper.. Thats all I'm really wondering about...

I wouldn't expect an official price anytime soon..Pioneer likely won't release the MSRP until Q2 to keep competitors at bay.

Consider this, though--- newer is almost always more expensive. Also, until someone actually gets their hands on a Z2 and toys with it we have no idea of knowing if the upgrades are even worth it....

And no, we don't know about the bypass yet because it isn't out yet. You won't get a real answer on that til they get here

This is true, but I would be willing to bet money on the fact the hard ware in the Z2 will be so close to the Z1 the connectors will be inter-changable and the bypass will be the same and the Z1 (which is very similar to the D series as well). I'm thinking they kept it the same.

I agree with you that it will "probably" be the same, but whats the point in speculating to the hundreds of posters that will no doubt ask before you or I or anybody else actually get to open a box to check for sure?

This is true, but I would be willing to bet money on the fact the hard ware in the Z2 will be so close to the Z1 the connectors will be inter-changable and the bypass will be the same and the Z1 (which is very similar to the D series as well). I'm thinking they kept it the same.

So if MSRP is $2,200 isn't it safe to say we should be seeing them under $2,000? I mean as with anything, the MSRP is pretty much BS, nobody actually pays that cost. If thats the case, It looks as though it doesn't really matter if you choose to get a Z1 and buy the update would be right around the same cost as a new Z2.....

I would bet for the next couple months people will be taking orders at MSRP. For the first month of sales (if it tracks the Z1) the lowest price (which I found in April) was $1900. It will probably take a couple months of sales (3 or so) till it hits $1500 ish for the low.